VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Disability Appeal

Rate this question

Michael Felps

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

PacmanX1

QUOTED

''Keep in mind that every respondent may not have your best interest''

Excuse me ,

All HADIT MEMBERS HERE  OR RESPONDENTS  DO HAVE THE VETERANS BEST INTEREST AT STAKE HERE..

IF ANY  HADIT MEMBER OR RESPONDENT  MEMBER GIVES OUT WRONG INFORMATION OR ADVISE   THEY WILL BE CORRECTED.

BUT AS FOR AS I KNOW EVERY MEMBER HERE AT HADIT DOES HAVE THE VETERAN BEST INTEREST IN MIND AND ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR THE VETERAN,AND THAT IS SEE TO IT TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY THAT THESE VETERANS GET THEIR DUE  JUSTIFIED BENEFITS .

SURE THE OP (ORIGINAL POSTER CAN GIVE MORE INFORMATION SO WE ALL CAN BETTER HELP HIM,

IN MY OPINION EVERY HADIT MEMBER HERE OR RESPONDENT SPENDS THEIR TIME AWAY FROM THEIR FAMILIES TO HELP THE NEW VETERANS THAT COME HERE AND SOME OLDER VETERANS AS WELL AND ITS ALL VOLUNTEER AND UNCONDITIONAL HELP TO OUR FELLOW BROTHER/SISTER VETERANS.

Members such as Tbird , Ms Berta broncovet, Alex (asknod) Vync GB Army Sherktank1, brokensolider 244th vetquest and so many more  spend many many hours here on hadit  away from their family's and friends to help these veterans and I appreciate each and everyone  and not one time would I ever think they do not have the veterans best interest at heart.

IT'S WHAT HADIT IS ALL ABOUT SIR.

Micheal OP, it is best not to post your real name and any personal information on this web site  but do post your questions and more information like your denial letter and reasons you were denied  or what we decided...reason and bases of their decision just black out any personal info  like name  claim # address ect,,ect,,,   this helps hadit members to better help you   remember knowledge in Power.

And welcome to Hadit

Edited by Buck52

Michael:

Welcome to hadit, you have come to the right place.

Generally, if you feel the rating or the effective date is wrong, the odds are in your favor that YOU are correct.    To give an example, you can look at the BVA "chairmans report".  I think you will find that only about 20 percent of BVA appeals are denied again, while the vast majority are either granted outright or remanded due to one or more errors in the VARO decision.  Of those which are denied by the board, many of those are also granted or remanded by the CAVC.  So, you have better than 80 percent chance if you appeal within a year to the BVA.  

We generally do not recommend you post your name or phone number, instead, its often helpful to post the reasons and bases for decision redacting your name and address.  This way, we can advise you and not compromise your security/id.  

"Virtually all" attorney, non attorney practioners, or even VSO's would like to see a copy of your decision before advising you on an appeals.  Likewise, at least some of the hadit members, including myself, like to see the reasons and bases for decision.  

Your choices are as follows:

1.  Get an attorney.  (This may be premature, in my humble opinion). 

2.  Get a VSO.  Plausable, buit I would exercise caution here.  Many Vets who do get an attorney were first served by a VSO who failed them (including myself).  

3.  Get help from a hadit member, and start by giving more background and posting your decision if possible.  By the way, many Veterans, including myself, have done all of the above at one time or another.  

4.  Represent yourself.  If you want to do that, you definately need hadit!  

5.  Pretty much in all cases you need hadit..regardless of whether you are self represented, VSO, or attorney represented.  

It probably wont do any harm to begin researching how to file a nod.  (I have filed at least 8 of them).  Currently, you need to file a nod within a year, on the correct form.  To go directly to the BVA use this form:  https://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/VA10182.pdf   Also possible is to keep the decision  at your VARO by filing a Supplememental claim or HLR.  You can also start by getting a copy of your cfile if you dont already have one.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you wanting a better EED? OR JUST APPEALING YOUR RATING?

IF YOUR APPEALING YOUR RATING  AND WAS LOWBALLED  CHECK THE RATING CRITERIA FOR YOUR CONDITION..AND SEND THAT IN WITH YOUR APPEAL.

Please understand that we are here to help and every advice may not be good advice or the best advice for you. There are different roads/avenues a veteran can take when filing an appeal and or supplemental claim.  These roads/avenues can take months to years, by posting your redacted reason and bases for decision will allow different responses for your situation.  It is up to you as the OP (Original Poster) to make the decision as to what would be best for you.  Keep in mind that every respondent may not have your best interest and to make sure you do your own research and homework on your benefits and entitlements. I would not give out my personal information name and phone number online.

Welcome Michael!

Can you give us more detail about your claim, so that us hadit members can make an informed opinion on what’s best for your situation?

Were you granted service-connection but got low-balled on your rating(s)?

Were you denied outright? 

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree, and I can't think on anyone else who comments that wouldn't agree with Buck's comment. WE ALL HAVE EACH AND EVERY VETERAN PROBLEM AS IMPORTANT AND WORTHY OF ARE TRYING TO PROVIDE GOOD ADVISE. I have no idea what Pacmanx1 is saying.