VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gary C

Rate this question

Soultrain

Question

Hello, my name is Gary. I was medically discharged from the Active Army 12 1/2 yrs ago with a 20% rating and $3068.00 in severence pay. Four yrs the PDRB contacted me and advised me I was identified as a Soldier who may have received the wrong percentage. At this point I was already receiving 100%I/U VA compensation. This was 4 yrs ago I authorized PDRB to review my case. Just recently I received a letter frim PDRB stating they gave me the wrong percentage and I am now considered RET retroactively to July 2007. I received 3 retirement pay statements from DFAS , the first two showed how much I would get, the third letter said I would be getting $0.00 because of the VA waiver. At this point I can say I'm retired and that is it. Oh and I can use the PX and Commissary(I was able to use before). To add insult to injury I now owe

DFAS $677 for SBP and I don't get RET pay bc of the VA offset? To me it was not worth allowing PDRB to review my case and retire me. This was 12 1/2 yrs ago. I was planning on making the military my second career after my civilian job. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet