VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CBO Recommends to lower comp rates /payouts

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This maybe B.S. from a stars&strips reporter?

PURE B.S.  why would anyone like the cbo want to even think about something like this??

http://www.veteranprograms.com/cbo-recommendations.html

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Is this a current article in Stars and Stripes, or is it re-surfacing some how? It sure gets your motor running!

• HadIt.com Elder
23 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Is this a current article in Stars and Stripes, or is it re-surfacing some how? It sure gets your motor running!

Well I just recieved it in my email this morning

yeah it sure got my motor running  I hope broncovet is right and this will never come to happen...just the Ideal of it sets me off.

Why do people want to lower us Veterans pay?its to low as it is,

is it that they are just jealous  or what...don't make any sense to me what so ever and what difference would it make to these kind of people anyway??  maybe a power thing..?

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
33 minutes ago, broncovet said:

You dont have anything to worry about.  The article is from 2018, which refers to a 2014 report.  Since its been 6 years that report went nowhere.  

I agree. I can't remember where I read it, but they tried doing this a long time ago like in the 1950s and there was a huge uproar that didn't end well for many who were behind it. Cutting benefits to veterans would greatly reduce the likelihood of being reelected.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
14 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Well I just recieved it in my email this morning

yeah it sure got my motor running  I hope broncovet is right and this will never come to happen...just the Ideal of it sets me off.

Why do people want to lower us Veterans pay?its to low as it is,

is it that they are just jealous  or what...don't make any sense to me what so ever and what difference would it make to these kind of people anyway??  maybe a power thing..?

That site is not the official S&S web site. It appears to be independent media who has you on their mailing list. It's a pretty common practice. If you can't mail out current articles, rehash and resend older articles.

Governmental fraud, waste, and abuse has been alive since governments were formed. I think someone at the CBO probably got in trouble and were assigned to the no-window basement office, given a red stapler. They have the unfortunate job of looking for all sorts of ways to save money regardless of the impact those funds have on the country. I don't think it is jealousy or envy, but the VA does contain a great deal of fraud, waste, and abuse when it comes to spending. Remember all they can do is advise. These kind of reports have been coming out for decades. Occasionally, the VA does cut benefits, like when they adjusted the veterans caregiver payments. But that might have been due to a program which had an expiration date. I don't know the details, but in general when was the last time any of us have seen a reduction in any VA program benefits?

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync if you dig a little deeper, I can think of a couple of times, just recently, where the VA has made a reduction. They have just over the last 3 months "reduced" the probability of a veteran receiving disability benefits. Namely, they have just made it considerably harder to get a doctor to provide a nexus and explain the severity of our conditions for rating purposes. No more access to DBQ's! That is a big set back. What are the percentages, does anyone know, of the number of veterans submitting an appeal after receiving a denial on their initial claim. I don't know what it is, but it amounts to a lot. They just give up and don't try. Does anybody expect the number of denials to decrease now that the VA has made it harder for doctors to submit opinions? The second, goes along with this; the VA just eliminated the 48 hour "review" window by VSO's. Does anyone think that the number of veterans getting a denial on a claim will decrease because of that action? Many VSO's aren't  very helpful, but some are. I asked my VSO a couple of weeks back what she thought and she wasn't pleased. She said that just the week before the announcement she caught 3 separate decisions that were wrong that went back for rework. Point is, the VA took away 2 tools that made it easier for a veteran to receive a proper decision. Those are reductions in my eyes.