VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Over the phone for disability increase

Rate this question

dodger

Question

I just had a phone call from the Physicians Assist working for QTC. He asked the standard DBQ questions and when we were done he told me he was going to give me a positive evaluation. Are they allowed to tell you that?  I'm definitely not complaining. just seemed odd? like he was sympathetic towards me, the veteran.    

6 answers to this question

I spose. My C/P examiner for depression years ago told me that at the end of the exam. Its not a final determination though, but it certainly helps alot. Honestly I felt like my examiner was leading me, but I didnt complain, he did job my memory a few times about things that I thought that were minor that were indicators. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• Lead Moderator

This has happened for me in the past.  I did get a positive result!  I hand another almost a month ago, so we will wait and see.  Sometimes there are those who really do care and want to know how bad it is.  They won't add what they told you on the phone, but I did have positive result.  also for some reason I have a better time with QTC.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Doger I had the exact same thing happen to me recently. Like yours, he was sympathetic towards veterans and it was genuine. At the end he said he was going to give a favorable decision, but reminded me that it is a recommendation only, and  the rater of course has final word, including what the final rating would be. I was pretty surprised too, but again, I believe him. If they ever get my claims completed, I'l know what the results are. If you're interested, you can request a copy of the exam (not to be confused with getting your c-file.) Take a while though. Mine was done at LHI.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had the same thing happen to me with an examiner and it was favorable decision as GB Army mention with his examiner

but I also have had an examiner that was not friendly  and never said anything  just a few questions and he said I will read your C-file and file my report tomorrow , he stated just so you know its not me that makes the decision  its the big boys up at Regional, the exam was a flute  he never consider any of my evidence and I requested another exam because I felt that exam was inadequate, lucky for me the C&P CHIEF schedule another C&P with a different examiner and that exam was favorable.

We just can't never tell how it will go with some of these examiners I have learned that if you think you had a C&P Go south  it probably won't be a favorable exam..but then we just never know until we get the BBE or get the report.

so watch out for those silent examiners (duh).. if you have to make them talk to you ....> seriously  after they start talking they seem to lighten up somewhat and you can carry on a decent conversation.  just be as friendly and helpful as you possible can without letting him think your sucking up.

and always always tell the truth  if you say something that is not in your records   this won't fly with any examiner  so be truthful always. 

Edited by Buck52