VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal To The Board

Rate this question

Chris Barnes

Question

Just received my third turn down from VA.  They say I can appeal to the board.  The reason for turn down is because “Not enough evidence to show service connection.”  They have records of me having physical therapy and sick calls for my back.  Isn’t any evidence some evidence?  Have people had good results from, “Appealing To The  Board?”

I estimate at least 50 percent (probably more) of Vets here on hadit won their claim at the BVA.  I would be in that category, as I won mine at the BVA.  As always, "records of sick calls and pt for your back" is insufficient, by itself for service connection.  Here is what you need:

1. Current diagnosis of a back condition.  

2.  In service event or aggravation.  Your PT and sick calls may provide that documentation.

3.  Nexus, or doctors statement that your "in service event" (which led to back condition) is at least as likely as not the cause of your current back condition.  

Once you get these 3 Caluza elements, you are good to go at the BVA.  You "may" need to hire an IMO to supply a nexus. (likely).  

• Lead Moderator

So you might be having the same issue I had.  Did the doctor give it a diagnosis?  I had all the basses covered but they did not have a name for it.  Bronco nailed it above, you have got to have all 3 or they will deny all the time.

• HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, broncovet said:

I estimate at least 50 percent (probably more) of Vets here on hadit won their claim at the BVA.  I would be in that category, as I won mine at the BVA.  As always, "records of sick calls and pt for your back" is insufficient, by itself for service connection.  Here is what you need:

1. Current diagnosis of a back condition.  

2.  In service event or aggravation.  Your PT and sick calls may provide that documentation.

3.  Nexus, or doctors statement that your "in service event" (which led to back condition) is at least as likely as not the cause of your current back condition.  

Once you get these 3 Caluza elements, you are good to go at the BVA.  You "may" need to hire an IMO to supply a nexus. (likely).  

broncovet ,

Can you put up a redacted copy of the reason and bases of their decision what We Decided?

That will help this veteran  to know how and what they used in making their decision  it will help other veterans as well.

Thanks

Buck...I cant post a reasons and bases for decision for "Chris Barnes".  He will have to post that.  

The reasons and bases for decision on my claims probably wont help Chris Barnes..we have a different set of facts, and that leads to a different outcome.  

That said, if Chris Barnes wants to post his reasons and bases for decision, that would help us help you.  

I just looked on myhealth page and pulled up VA hospital records showing lower back visit only 2 1/2 months after I was discharged.  Another for lower back four months later and another VA hospital visit for lower back two years later.  After that I finally had insurance and went to regular doctors for it.

By the way the wreck they are talking about happened on my way to drill for activation.  They said since it was three days before the activation date, it’s not covered.  I was living out of state and I came to town three days before activation and was in a car wreck halfway.

783DAE1F-8246-408E-A88C-E365F82BAB2B.jpeg

F7EE5774-77F0-4BA1-BD07-2BBB7FBDE085.jpeg

950082DB-1748-41BA-958C-FB6F7200E679.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Chris Barnes said:

VA hospital records showing lower back visit only 2 1/2 months after I was discharged.  Another for lower back four months later and another VA hospital visit for lower back two years later.  After that I finally had insurance and went to regular doctors for it.

You could make copies of all these and high light the relevant parts. Then sent it to the VARO with attention to whoever sent you the rating.