VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied PTSD/MDD but...

Rate this question

justtryintomakeit

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ok because when I google "other specified trauma and stressor related disorder". Cases comes up and the code is 9411:

Criteria for other specified trauma and stressor related disorder (DC 9411).

By looking at this code it is the PTSD code so why did they call it something else.

Edited by justtryintomakeit

UPDATE!!!

I received the statement if case which did deny PTSD claim. The reasoning was it was previously denied back in 2013 and since I didn’t appeal that decision was final. However it states:

Note: Service connection was granted for other specified trauma and stressor related disorder. This grant of service connection for other specified trauma and stressor related disorder is considered a partial grant of benefits sought on appeal. If you feel the grant fully satisfies your appeal on this issue, please let us know in writing as soon as possible.

So it is like I thought, PTSD was denied but I was granted Other specified trauma and stressor related disorder. I know I can only receive one MH rating, they all pay the same etc. So it really doesn't matter what they call it to me combat, non combat, natural disaster etc. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, it is positive news. MH disabilities are all rated under the same criteria, so it doesn't matter what they define it as long as you get the proper rating for all your symptoms.