VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Damn, wait... what!?

Rate this topic

kevin4998

So I had a review for my mental issues this past week.   I was rated at 70% prior to this past week, and with other combined service-connected issues I was rated 90% with TDIU  too 100%  This morning I logged onto e-bennefits to see if any changes was made.   I looked at the disabilities listed and sure enough they have dropped my mental down to 50%, was dreading this and expecting that... after all they cut and cut benefits don't they.   I was worried about loosing my TDIU so I pulled up my benefits letter with the details to see what if I could see my TDIU go "poof".. sure enough no TDIU...   

BUT, wtf is this?!

Damn! (sorry)

Copied and pasted straight from the letter:

"The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities: May 07, 2020"

Wholly @#$^

Edit: btw even with the 20 dropped off my mental, I am still at 90%.. crazy math it is...

Edited by kevin4998

It doesn't appear that they took TDIU away from you.  What you copied and pasted still says that your are permanent and total.  

"For Veterans that have been granted entitlement to Total Disability Based on Individual Unemployability (“TDIU”), the VA can only reduce that rating if “actual employability is established by clear and convincing evidence” (38 C.F.R. 3.3.43(c)). What that means is the VA can only sever your TDIU if you have been found to be employable. For veterans with TDIU, the VA will send out a yearly employment questionnaire to see if a veteran participated in substantially gainful employment during that year. In order for the employment to be substantially gainful, a veteran would have had to be employed for 12 months or more and would have had to earn over the federal poverty threshold."

• HadIt.com Elder

Why was you dreading & expecting that?

Did your M.H. Condition show you have improved? did your therapist or MH Dr say you have improved? at 90% and they minus 20% don't necessarily mean they will drop your IU.

They will send you a Proposal to reduce your benefits (I.U.) and have to prove your condition has improved, if they got word your condition has improved from your Dr...they change things around in ebenefits  they do this to scare the Veteran. (jmo)..call the 1-800 # and ask what your rated..you can be P&T but not 100%

Recheck e benefits look at my disabilities.

Also check to see if you have any historic claims? waiting.

What I meant was I believe I am now 100% scheduler with no future exams (we will see when I get the formal letter).   The reason I believe this is for this change on E-benefits Summary Letters.

First one is my old summary letter and last one is new summary letter. Sorry for the confusion.  When I get the official letter I will see what it has to say, and update.

close up.jpg

new summary.png

I did talk to the VA today, but of course they could not talk about it over the phone till after I receive the formal letter too explain anything.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use