VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf war presumptives

Rate this question

TRC

Question

Hello All!!! submitted several claims under gulf war presumptives and two under direct service connection claim is at 288 days and counting. IS THIS NORMAL? What are chances on presumptives being approved? some have imo evidence some don t Had c and p on March 30th

• HadIt.com Elder

sgt. wilky Not a stupid question; sometimes we have to go back to basics on some of the shortcuts we use here so newer veterans can catch up. Peggy is the VA claims/ catch-all for asking questions. 1-800--827-1000. Don't call first thing in the morning or at lunch time. I usually have luck at about 11:00 A.M. or 3:00 P.M. and typically I'm on hold maybe 5 minutes. Otherwise, be prepared for waiting a long time. As for the accuracy or value of the info provided, it is really all over the place, ranging from really poor to once in a while very helpful. The good ones almost always seem to be disabled veterans themselves who have been there, done that.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 5/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, TRC said:

Hello All!!! submitted several claims under gulf war presumptives and two under direct service connection claim is at 288 days and counting. IS THIS NORMAL? What are chances on presumptives being approved? some have imo evidence some don t Had c and p on March 30th

Read broncovet post  he has some good information on what you posted.

As for as your chances being approve for a presumptive claim as long as you have your evidence to show you have presumption disease/injury   the chances are good my friend..if you don't file that is a sure way of not getting anything.

Sgt Wilky

As GB Army mention (Peggy'' ) is the person that usually answers the 1-800# and usually a female..I think there are males starting to answer it too and I guess he will be called (Bob)

No its not normal.  Does your claim show up in ebenefits?  Did they send a letter acknowledging your claim?  You should get to the bottom of this.  Chances are good VA lost your application.  My advice:

1.  Send an IRIS email asking the status of a claim you submitted (288 days ago).  

2.  Call peggy and ask the same.  

3.  Contact the white house hotline.  

Did you move and not change your address?  Check to make sure your address is correct. 

• Lead Moderator

Do what Broncovet above suggested!   So you have a C&P exam.  Did the C&P cover all the issues you listed?

Next if is for PTSD then you will have to go to the VA to get a diagnosis.  Next as for presumptives, if you have a doctor who said for example you have IBS and did everything they needed to do to get the diagnosis, then typically they will service connect it.  

As for the time line this is taking a very long time for a first claim.  I have seen them done in around 140 days right now.  How many conditions did you list?  I know this slowed my case down as I had 15.  

The above answers and sign into vets.gov site.  Sign up if you don't have an account.  If it's not on there, then they lost it.

I've had diagnosis for IBS, Fibro, & CFS.  I got the max for Fibro, denied CFS (due to PTSD symptoms causing same conditions) and 0% for IBS with Gerd, which is BS.  Not going to fight it because the IBS is service connected and I'm 100% P&T SMC-S prior to the IBS decision.  So no retro if it was accurately rated at 30%.  In fact I'm not sure they give you a percentage once you are 100% P&T.  It might be just the 0% connection regardless.

I gotta ask this, and I know it's going to sound incredibly stupid to some of you, but I really don't know...who the heck is Peggy? I've seen this 10,000 times and I assumed it was the IRIS number, but apparently, it isn't...

Sgt. Wilky