VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won appeal, now what?

Rate this question

Chris M

Question

I won my appeal for Hallux Rigidis from about 8 years ago and was awarded 10% for this one thing. I was previously rated at 20% for two separate issues of 10% each.

The decision letter says I’m not entitled to additional compensation, which I understand since I’m still under 50%. However, shouldn’t my overall rating go to 30%? Shouldn’t I be able to file for back taxes based on that higher rating?

The VA didn’t send me a new award letter with the higher rating and the tables showing how much I’ve been compensated so far vs how much I should’ve been. Does this take a while or am I just missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Chris M

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Broncovet,

It had been about a month, but since I posted, there has been some updates on VA.gov. I still haven't received a letter, but the website says that there is an update on my disability pay as of 26 May.

I did the calculation and 10% x 3 is 27.1 percent.

Rounded up to 30% military disability.

You should be getting retro pay for eight years provided your appeal never stopped.

Consult with your VSO.

Sometimes the wheel runs slow, but if your narrative is accurate. You should have eight years if back pay.

The difference between 20% and 30 percent.