VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim granted or denied. Which seems to come quicker in the claim process?

Rate this question

1454th Solider

Question

I was wondering if any of the vets out there can shed some light on a question I have about granted claims and denied claims (Fully Developed Claims). Does it seem as if your claim is moving fast under 90 days for completion, that you are or denied or granted the claim most of the time?

Does it seem as if your claim was delayed during the Gathering of Evidence but then completion over 120 days, your claim was denied or granted? Share your experiences and thoughts.

Does a speedy Gathering of Evidence phase (30 days or less) result in more grants or denials?

Does a delayed Gathering of Evidence phase mean the VA is trying to find a way to deny a FDC?

5 answers to this question

There isn’t. Some things like sending off to NPrc for records take time, they may be mostly be electronic ( after the mid to late 90s at least) most of the time but they still have to be located in the system(s) and then converted. Other times there is waiting for private doctors that don’t always respond to records requests from VA (they are under no obligation to do so).  Some cases move fast because the vet or their service STRs are complete. Some don’t. It’s not a conspiracy to deny if it moves fast or slow. Every single vet’s circumstances are different. Literally.

It is what it is. Certain actions on a claim have mandatory period of time to wait until that action is either fulfilled or a negative response is received- not answering (whether it’s the vet, nprc, or the private doctor) is not a negative response by statute, so a second request has to be sent. It’s mandated that for service treatment records, NGR/reserve, Private records, veteran, etc that two attempts be made, at 30 days a piece. You can do the math. NGRmedical records are often kept by the unit. I don’t know why, not my monkeys. So if you were guard our reserve there are now two-three different places that have parts of your records-Records’s threat are mandated to be received before exams can be scheduled except for some special issues. See what I mean?

Edited by brokensoldier244th

43 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

There isn’t. Some things like sending off to NPrc for records take time, they may be mostly be electronic ( after the mid to late 90s at least) most of the time but they still have to be located in the system(s) and then converted. Other times there is waiting for private doctors that don’t always respond to records requests from VA (they are under no obligation to do so).  Some cases move fast because the vet or their service STRs are complete. Some don’t. It’s not a conspiracy to deny if it moves fast or slow. Every single vet’s circumstances are different. Literally.

It is what it is. Certain actions on a claim have mandatory period of time to wait until that action is either fulfilled or a negative response is received- not answering (whether it’s the vet, nprc, or the private doctor) is not a negative response by statute, so a second request has to be sent. It’s mandated that for service treatment records, NGR/reserve, Private records, veteran, etc that two attempts be made, at 30 days a piece. You can do the math. NGRmedical records are often kept by the unit. I don’t know why, not my monkeys. So if you were guard our reserve there are now two-three different places that have parts of your records-Records’s threat are mandated to be received before exams can be scheduled except for some special issues. See what I mean?

I didn’t understand the, “until a negative response is received part”, can you elaborate?

An actual ‘no’ , or, no records found. Unless it’s screen shotable or in print, it’s not verifiable, so, persist until one comes back. That is then uploaded to the folder for the veteran as evidence that the searches were performed.

9 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

An actual ‘no’ , or, no records found. Unless it’s screen shotable or in print, it’s not verifiable, so, persist until one comes back. That is then uploaded to the folder for the veteran as evidence that the searches were performed.

Thanks for the clarification, it was a fully developed claim so all the treatment records, IMO diagnosis/nexus and in service records were supplied. That’s why I ask this question for fully developed claims.

That doesn’t mean that things don’t still need to be found. That being said, if your claim was submitted with everything other than maybe an exam then of course it’s less time.