VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recently scheduled

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Has anyone been scheduled for an in person C&P recently through one of the VA contractors even though VA facilities are closed?  Just wondering if all in person exams are on hold or just at VA facilities.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is going to be phased in in steps. At the present time no in-person C&P's are being done yet. The VA has released some exams to be done if they can be adequately eval by what is in your file already. I had one 2 weeks ago and although I was told to sit by for a call if needed, nothing came in. These exams are called ACE and if the examiner putting the data together  in your C&P finds that they can't complete it without further (in-person) evidence, they are supposed to kick it back to the VA. A lot of these ACE exams have been done recently, but it is too early to say whether or not they work or not in the veterans' favor.

Looks like I’ll be in a holding pattern for a while. Mine needs ROM.

since they are trying to use ACE can they pick and choose the parts of a c&p to consider as acceptable info? Or is it all or nothing?

Edited by SPO

• HadIt.com Elder

SPO What a C&P examiner is SUPPOSED to do is to review and evaluate ALL the evidence concerning your disability. However, the VA has been known to lose or not consider some. It is out of your hands until you get a decision letter. Good luck.

I was taking more about the rater.  I’m on supplemental so wondering if they will try to ACE based of my new info (confirmed diagnosis and nexus) and ROM from my old c&p.

• HadIt.com Elder
11 hours ago, SPO said:

I was taking more about the rater.  I’m on supplemental so wondering if they will try to ACE based of my new info (confirmed diagnosis and nexus) and ROM from my old c&p.

Well most of what the rater gets feed back or his report from the C&P EXAMINER is usually what the raters go by,  but not always  sometimes a rater is fairly sharp at caching a mistake the C&P Examiner made.

The raters also have a rating Manuel to help them if they can't decipher  what the C&P Examiner  said in his/her report.

ACE EXAMS HAVE YET TO BE DETERMINED RATHER OR NOT THEY WILL BE OR CAN BE FAVORABLE TO THE VETERAN AS GB ARMY MENTION.