VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

needing a good VA lawyer

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I don't see my post from yesterday, lets try it again. Fast run down, on my post back in 2014 on my denial claim on a cue and appeal. I have seen a VA judge 3 months ago (March) got denied again. I know thru my DAV rep to pursue this further I must hire a VA lawyer. And I got to do this with in 120 days. My DAV is telling me it's over his head or pay grade was his words. Can anyone on here recommend a lawyer with a good track record. Also what perc entage is the going rate they charge. thanks

• Lead Moderator

20 percent is the normal charge and I am using Berry Law Firm.  They have been awesome so far!

Also that 20% most of this is paid for you by EAJA.  So the part handled at the CAVC should be covered by another agency and not you!.  I know a lot of people never pay anything.  

Edited by shrekthetank1

• HadIt.com Elder

If your a VIETNAM/NEHMER VET

I m fairly sure if the Veteran is  a nehmer Vet, then NVLSP wiill represent you for free,

Hill & Ponton is good attorneys!!

CCK LAW  is good!

Chris Attig LAW Blog IS A GOOD VETERAN ATTORNEY!!

Ken Carpenter  is a good veteran Attorney  and a veteran him self.!!!

Barry Law Firm is good!!

or you can look at some of the VA CERTIFIED ACCREDITED CLAIMS AGENTS, most of these guys have study VA Law a long time before becoming claims Agents  so there well experienced also.

you may want to tune in to the hadit podcast radio shows with Jerald Cook and J basser  on Thursdays a 6:00pm central, it will be advertised when they have a show...  they have a lot of information about good attorneys  but remember its always your choice to choose who you think will be the best for your claim.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder
11 hours ago, Oceanbound said:

I have GloverLuck.

You're at 100%, what is your intent?

I can't speak for this veteran as to why he wants to pursue his denial but I can only think even though he maybe 100% but he was denied on a condition/disbility he feels is or should be service connected and wants it to be rated 

...even at 100% we can still go higher up on the pay grade   its called SMC (SPECIAL MONTHLY COMPENSATION) and he may be wanting all his service connected disability's rated due to his spouse for the DIC in case he dies.

lot of reason why a veteran should pursue a service connected disability  it also makes it harder for the VA to  reduce you under the 100% if you have other s,c, ratings. if you ever get a reduction letter.

I don't blame him for wanting this denial turn into a WIN.