VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to find out appeal status?

Rate this question

Backpay

Question

6 answers to this question

Update:

Last week I contacted VSO by email and called the Whitehouse hotline.

VSO replied last Friday or so and told me that my granted issues on appeal were with a rater and I just needed to wait.

Today I got response regarding my Whitehouse inquiry from the appeals management office.  They are telling me that my claim is not with a regional office but with the national work queue. They said they are sending email to RO to get claim out of queue and work the granted issues then work the remand portion since it's been over 180 days in the queue. 

So who do I believe? VSO who says it's already at rater or AMO who replied at request from Whitehouse? Somewhere there is a disconnect.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The NSO hasn't returned my email asking where the disconnect is. I have it in writing that a rater was rating it and back in March he told me that he talked with appeals coach and they were working my case. So either my NSO lied to me or the RO lied to him.

Small update. Still haven't heard from NSO for my VSO. I did email the AMO back though asking for one more confirmation because my VSO told me it was being worked back in March. AMO replied back within hours (super impressed with that) and said as of the moment he sent original email it was with NWQ and that the droc DC or something are the ones who send claims from nwq to the RO. So now that I think about it I assume the NSO from my VSO should know that so maybe he did lie to me.

The AMO did say they would email me Monday letting me know what work has been done since they set things in motion.

Great news!!! So I got a response today from congressional liason from my RO. Basically as of Friday my claim was still at national work queue. Today it's been rated and waiting on finals sign offs and and letter. Was told probably 3 to 5 days for it to be completed!