VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I need new C&P exam?

Rate this question

Backpay

Question

If my last C&P exam was 6 years ago when they denied my claim and BVA granted me service connection will I need a new exam before they can rate it properly or will they use the old exam information?

If u were already granted SC then your symptoms should already be documented. Another exam is not needed, for future reference the VA does not give one exam for service connection and another exam for rating. It's possible maybe if the BVA feels the exam is not comprehensive enough regarding how the disability is affecting you now.

I was granted connection just waiting for RO to do rating and all that. Reason why I asked is because my Rep said that if they didn't do another exam he was going to automatically appeal rating because it's been so long. 

That said after reading other BVA decisions I found a case that matches me pretty close except I have more documented issues so I think I should get 10%. Problem is the original examiner said I didn't complain of flare-ups which I certainly did and are well documented in medical records.

VA will most likely schedule you for a new C & P exam due to the fact that VA wants to see your current level of disability.  Yes, BVA granted you service connected but now VA will have to rate you. It is pretty much a given.

• HadIt.com Elder

Backpay I totally agree with Pacmanx1 and your your Rep. 6 years is a long time and it is quite possible your symptoms have changed and possibly gotten worse since. To adequately rate you I don't see a lot of situations where a new, updated exam wouldn't be in order. As for the VA doing exams during the caronavirus, there has been plenty of discussion on other posts about that. Not yet.