VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabilities Review?

Rate this question

Ranmic

Question

While researching how to file for an increase for my hearing (currently 0% but SCD) I was reading an article that made the statement "and your entire file may be subject to review not just the condition you want to have reviewed".  I have two other conditions currently rated right now so my question is does this mean they may review the current ones also?  If so have have they ever been known to decrease it?  Basically I don't want them to mess with me currently disabilities and ratings.

5 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

So this is the fear factor all vets face.  it has been used for years so vets won't rock the boat.  I call BS I have been fighting them for 6+ years now and not one time have they looked back on a condition to lower.  I am not saying it can't happen, but if you have the proof and are doing what is needed they have no reason to look at them.  

For them to do anything they need to show you have made improvement of your said condition.  If you know that is not the case as I know my conditions will most likely only get worse.  If I would have followed this advice it would still be at 40% and not fighting at the CAVC now.  I am now at 90% headed for 100% which in and of it self is a pain!  

I will always advocate for a veteran to keep fighting and I will be here to help them in anyway I can!  In the end it is your call and we can help with our knowledge!

• HadIt.com Elder

WELL YES THEY CAN SEE YOUR DISABILITY'S BUT IF THEY HAVE NOT IMPROVED  YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, JUST BECAUSE YOU PUT IN FOR AN INCREASE ON YOUR  S.C. HEARING LOSS AT 0%

THEY WOULD NEED TO PROVE YOUR OTHER DISABILITY'S HAVE IMPROVED AND SEND YOU TO C&P EXAMS  AND HAVE MEDICAL PROF YOUR OTHER S.C. DISABILITY'S HAVE IMPROVED.

IF YOUR S.C.HEARING  LOSS HAS GOT WORSE  DEFINITELY FILE THE INCREASE.  NORMALLY THEY WILL SET YOU UP WITH A C&P EXAM   EITHER FROM THE VA ENT CLINIC  OR CONTRACT IT OUT TO INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS LIKE  QTC AND OTHERS.

WITH THIS COVID-19  NO TELLING HOW LONG THAT MAY TAKE?

I don’t believe that it’s a requirement for a rater to review all of the rated disabilities, but if they run across a mistake they are supposed fix it. Unless a rater is still in training, there is no one checking their ratings for accurately before they are finalized. If there is a huge backpay then a manager has to sign off on it but for the most part they aren’t checked. 

Now if some has a rated disability and he asks for an increase then the current rating will be reviewed. If it was rated incorrectly it could be decreased if it’s not protected.