VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100%va Can I Draw Any Form Of Ssd Or Ssi?

Rate this question

sonicdragon2001

Question

100%VA can I draw any form of SSD or SSI?

I draw 100 % service from VA in Virginia for mental disorder and Lung damage during war time.

Resently i have found it getting more exspensive in the winter time and I was told that I may be able to recieve some form of SS without it deducting from my VA funds, if so how do I go about this and if denied what is the best route to follow?

Thank you.

PS. If I draw 100% VA is there anyway I can get a small job and if so how much am I allowed to earn a year?

Edited by sonicdragon2001

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

just apply and see what they see, i was such a mess i sat on my application for over a year unable to deal with it until a friend found out and helped me fill it out and get it set up.

100%VA can I draw any form of SSD or SSI?

I'm in the same boat as you, 100% from the VA. I called the social security people and they set me up an appointment at my local office. there they explained to me that SSI is more a welfare type program for people with no income, taxable or not. the 100% from the VA made me (and im assuming everyone else) ineligible for SSI. you can still get ssdi though, like all these other guys have already explained. good luck.