VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How I got a 100% Schedular P&T for PTSD and SSDI

Rate this question

Anthony333777

Question

So, I figure this might help you wonder if you have qualify for 100% Schedular P&T for PTSD. First of all, I was 26 when I was put for 100% Schedular for PTSD. I don't advise going down this road unless you're already on it, because once you're on it, there's very little chance for coming off. So, I had a tough time at my job and I was experiencing suicidal ideation. I was initially at 50% for PTSD. I was regularly seeing a psychologist and I really wasn't taking meds at the time. I went to the mental hospital for approximately 5 days. They put me on Quetiapine. Horrible drug! I put on so much weight! I started seeing a psychiatrist and took time off work. Put in for an increase, but when I went back to work, it was denied. Then, I quit. I moved in with my in-laws because I couldn't afford a place of my own. I filed again and this was considered homeless because I will living with someone else and the VA expedited my claim. I also went to the mental hospital twice again prior to that. The reason I went to the mental hospital because I was feeling suicidal. If you're feeling suicidal, go to the mental hospital. One, it really helps you. Two, it helps the VA recognize you have a problem. You need to establish a medical record that you have problem. No evidence, your problem can't be that serious, according to the VA. 

I went to the Independent Medical Examiner. I told him that I have no hope. My life is xxxxxx. All I want to do is drugs to solve my problems. Plus I was 300 pounds at the time. The Independent Medical Examiner told me that he had no hope for me. I was put at schedular for 100 percent for PTSD. My next exam was scheduled in a couple years. Whenever I was suicidal, I didn't deal with it by myself. I went to the mental hospital.

I was also applying for SSDI. I got denied initially, but I applied again. I waited a few months and then I wrote Senator Tammy Baldwin. I asked her why the VA, a federally agency that determines disability, says I have total occupational and social impairment and that I'm 100% disabled due to my PTSD, and Social Security, a federal agency that determines disability, says I'm not. I told her that I'm working to get employed again, but I keep failing and that I wouldn't give up. I was also going to college at the time and no lawyer would take my case because I'm trying to get a job even though I'm applying for disability. She contacted Social Security and got me approved. 

I also went to the mental hospital two to three times on average per year. When it came time for my re-evaluation, it was a slam dunk. They put me at 100 schedular P&T for PTSD. I will say this, when you go to the mental hospital, they do re-evaluate your claim occasionally. They checked up on me last August. 

Now, what I do when I feel suicidal is contact the crisis line and inform my psychologist when I do. That way it's in my medical record and they don't second guess what I'm rated at. My wife goes to all my appointments and she's my caregiver even though we don't get the stipend, which I'm okay with I guess. I'm financially good. 

I know mental health very well. Also, went to physical therapy school and I know how to do evaluations. If any of you are in Wisconsin. If you need help understanding your mental illness, regardless of what it is, I might be able to help. 

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anthony I hope you continue to check in with us and lend your knowledge from your hard earned personal experience. It is a great thing to pass along info that helps others and we hope you will continue. I also hope that you keep up the fight and keep on trying. There may not be any cures but I firmly believe that just about everyone can make their own situation a little better by working at it. Good luck to you brother.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:21 AM, Anthony333777 said:

So, I figure this might help you wonder if you have qualify for 100% Schedular P&T for PTSD. First of all, I was 26 when I was put for 100% Schedular for PTSD. I don't advise going down this road unless you're already on it, because once you're on it, there's very little chance for coming off. So, I had a tough time at my job and I was experiencing suicidal ideation. I was initially at 50% for PTSD. I was regularly seeing a psychologist and I really wasn't taking meds at the time. I went to the mental hospital for approximately 5 days. They put me on Quetiapine. Horrible drug! I put on so much weight! I started seeing a psychiatrist and took time off work. Put in for an increase, but when I went back to work, it was denied. Then, I quit. I moved in with my in-laws because I couldn't afford a place of my own. I filed again and this was considered homeless because I will living with someone else and the VA expedited my claim. I also went to the mental hospital twice again prior to that. The reason I went to the mental hospital because I was feeling suicidal. If you're feeling suicidal, go to the mental hospital. One, it really helps you. Two, it helps the VA recognize you have a problem. You need to establish a medical record that you have problem. No evidence, your problem can't be that serious, according to the VA. 

I went to the Independent Medical Examiner. I told him that I have no hope. My life is xxxxxx. All I want to do is drugs to solve my problems. Plus I was 300 pounds at the time. The Independent Medical Examiner told me that he had no hope for me. I was put at schedular for 100 percent for PTSD. My next exam was scheduled in a couple years. Whenever I was suicidal, I didn't deal with it by myself. I went to the mental hospital.

I was also applying for SSDI. I got denied initially, but I applied again. I waited a few months and then I wrote Senator Tammy Baldwin. I asked her why the VA, a federally agency that determines disability, says I have total occupational and social impairment and that I'm 100% disabled due to my PTSD, and Social Security, a federal agency that determines disability, says I'm not. I told her that I'm working to get employed again, but I keep failing and that I wouldn't give up. I was also going to college at the time and no lawyer would take my case because I'm trying to get a job even though I'm applying for disability. She contacted Social Security and got me approved. 

I also went to the mental hospital two to three times on average per year. When it came time for my re-evaluation, it was a slam dunk. They put me at 100 schedular P&T for PTSD. I will say this, when you go to the mental hospital, they do re-evaluate your claim occasionally. They checked up on me last August. 

Now, what I do when I feel suicidal is contact the crisis line and inform my psychologist when I do. That way it's in my medical record and they don't second guess what I'm rated at. My wife goes to all my appointments and she's my caregiver even though we don't get the stipend, which I'm okay with I guess. I'm financially good. 

I know mental health very well. Also, went to physical therapy school and I know how to do evaluations. If any of you are in Wisconsin. If you need help understanding your mental illness, regardless of what it is, I might be able to help. 

Very good information and advise. The fact that you continue to keep the VA putting in notes as to your mental health is very important. I tell other vets with MH issues such as mine to keep having your PCP at VA informed so the notes go into the system. It also is a huge help to have a MYEHealth account so I can keep checking on the notes any VA employee puts in the system when I visit.