VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Limited Surery at VA restart

Rate this question

GBArmy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not a question, but more of just sharing info. I was informed and scheduled for surgery at my VAMC in 2 weeks. I had been scheduled the week everything was shut down. I asked if they were actually scheduling and doing elective surgeries and she said not exactly. They are catching up on the ones that should have been performed but were postponed. It will be more gradual, but it looks like progress. One additional note: I have to go to a separate VA facility the day before surgery cor a Covid19 scan. It isn't done there on campus.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure why they do it this way unless because of covid19

This pandemic has caused the medical world to go upside down.

Urology clinic cancel my July Appointment with them due to covid-19.

I even Instant message my PCP ask if she can give me a outside referral.

I need my prostate checked  because of swelling in my scrotum, they been treating me for a swollen prostate but benigh  BHP Which I take the prostate pills for that , (swollen prostate)

but now my scrotum is swelled to the right side,   my testicles seem to be ok as for as any thing on them like cancer or and cyst but I have no pain  just uncomfortable due to the swelling  ect,,ect,,,.

Well ..my PCP wrote me back and said the VA was not doing outside care during the pandemic if I am in pain go to the E.R.  She don't seem one bit concerned about my well health.  grrrr...

so I wait and wait  I just hope its not to late and this could very well turn into prostate cancer.  grrrr 

I have no private insurance  and depend on the VA for all my health care.  and my PCP knows this.

I always in the back of my mind had figured  the VA will kill me & if this covid-19 quarantine keeps  up  no telling how many veterans may die.

(and not because of the corona-virus) grrrr

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck How long have you had this PCP? Is it a big deal because of a lack of qualified docs to get a change at your VAMC? Or are you at a small clinic first like I am and that is where you see her?There are good PCP working at the VA, and then there are some not so much. The practical answer to your problem is in another month or so we will probably see something like close to normal at the hospitals. But if you don't want to wait, you could see about getting someone who actually gives a rat's ass. Especially if this isn't the first time she has acted like you ain't too important. But I know there are good VA docs because I had one for 6-7 years. She was fantastic. I got a new one at the CBOC clinic and we'll see. But I've given you something to think about. 

• HadIt.com Elder

GB

This is at the Dallas TX NORTH TX VAMC  

4500 South Lancaster Rd

its a fairly large Hospital  one of the biggest in the county  but looks like a ghost hospital parking lots empty compared to everyday before covid 19  it was full everyday hard time finding parking spot  it has 3= 5 story parking garages with shuttles  looks like all the Dr have left as well as all the Veterans .

I got to go up there before the 16  a day or two before and get Lab work done and then on the 16th PCP for 6 month check up,  she is going to call me  probably refill my med's and that's bout all.....when I see her in person she checks my back and listen to sounds in my body and refills my meds and sends me on my way,  this time we do it by phone  the tele health style.

.I been doing to virtual tele-health confrance on y lap-top with VA MH Therapist every 2 weeks  for the last 2  1/2 months  got one with her tomorrow at 11:00am

• HadIt.com Elder

Well Buck, if it is a large hospital, it might be a reasonable option for you. It doesn't seem that you have a lot of confidence in your current doc and if you ain't comfortable, what do you have to lose?

• HadIt.com Elder

MY LIFE😪