VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level Review phone CALL

Rate this question

USMCNEVERFORGET

Question

I just had my phone call from HLR person last week (not the same office who did the denial) .  I'm seeking service connection for sleep apnea as a secondary condition. I have everything documented EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING. My question is about the phone call experience. I was suppose to have it with my representative present but this wasn't the case due to DAV office being in-operational.  So I had it and was asked for the reason of my seeking  service connection. I explained my side and the person conducting the call agreed and also pointed out evidence that was over looked and not written in the denials.  My question is about what was said afterwards. "I'm going to channel this claim to the right place and you may or may not have someone call you or need another exam not sure how they are doing things now, during places being closed up."  Does this mean they made a mistake and need to correct it? Does this mean another C&P exam for sleep apnea?  Has anyone ever experienced the HLR phone call with the caller saying what was said to me?  What does this mean to you???

Below is what transpired since July 2018.

Filed fully developed claim July 9, 2018

Had C&P exam October 1,2019

Denial October 7,2019

NOD/Supplemental Claim filed on October 25,2019 with more evidence. More evidence filed on October 26,2019.

Denial November 6,2019 

Higher Level Review (requested informal call ) Submitted November 15,2019

HLR call June 4,2020

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I waited this long and seems like a never ending saga for the claims process these days.  If they found an error why can't they just correct it and move on to the next claim?  That's what I thought the HLR was suppose to be. I don't mind another C&P exam because nothing changes on the evidence they already have in the claim folder. I can say this about the process so far that if you haven't put many claims in over the years then when you do it becomes frustrating.