VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New claim first since 2018 filed

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

The process seemed pretty upfront and easy. I was dx with psoriasis vulgaris this year with the VA. With 13 lovely new red scars and marks all over my shins and legs. Just curious I was already rated for 30% for my scars from my severe TBI wondering how they will even look at this being P and T 100% scheduler with the DX paperwork all in my VA medical records. Curious to see how the timeline these days will look especially when they say no cure and ever time I get cut on my arms and legs I have to live with a new red mark on my body not that bothered except when the cuts turn into scales freaks my family out prior to my service no dx of anything like this and throughout my military career sooo annoyed especially if it’s tied into all the drugs they’ve tried for my tbi treatment

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

On 7/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, Buck52 said:

jfrei

LET US KNOW IF THE RATE YOUR SCARS  VIA  TBI  OR HOW THEY RATE YOU ON THIS?   BECAUSE THE TBI CAN CAUSE A LOT OF OTHER DISABLING PROBLEMS  THEY DON'T TELL US ABOUT.

GOOD LUCK WITH  IT BUDDY.

Sorry Buck Merry Christmas so they related my scars via the trach tube scar on my throat 30% then they denied my psoriasis claim from the residual marks and pain/itch. Then they said an additional 10% for painful scars along with the other rating. So denied psoriasis but then gave something the doctor had said that wasn’t even in my claim filed, like anything else the Va does confusion. At this out I don’t think they even care since my tbi is already 100% P and T.A92F182E-EBB2-4A49-ADEB-16978FC1D734.thumb.jpeg.7fc8171d3406b0444d3d96ccb6b5ca70.jpeg

4 months everything submitted into them even as a hardship due to my spouse out of work. Luckily they put us on a 3 month suspension up July 1 and them sending us letters saying we will owe almost 8k on July 1 unless we contact them and work something out. But hopefully enough to use as evidence to prove a hardship I will of course be calling the mortgage company every day so my family isn’t out on the street with Champva.... what could go wrong with having champva and homeless....but fingers crossed with this pandemic they have a heart at Wells Fargo and let us payment deferral and tack it on to the principal but anything could happen I’m not chancing it

1E636A63-C761-44D4-91C1-72D0264E3B64.png

• HadIt.com Elder

Jfrei You probably already have been in contact with this VA section but I found this listing https://www.va.gov/HOMELESS/ssvf/docs/FY_20_SSVF_Providers_Updated_June2020.xlsx These agencies are supposed to be connected to the VA and work to provide for homeless and to help prevent the situation for veterans at risk of losing their existing homes. Maybe something there for you?

• HadIt.com Elder

Jfrei 

If you are 100%P&T  You should be able to pay your mortgage or rent  and keep utility's on and buy grocery's ect ect,,,

if not maybe you guys need to down size a little  you being P&T your spouse can go to school  if she chooses to and I think they pay a little for that while she is attending classes .... but that may have change with this cov-vid 19 crap??

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Jfrei 

If you are 100%P&T  You should be able to pay your mortgage or rent  and keep utility's on and buy grocery's ect ect,,,

if not maybe you guys need to down size a little  you being P&T your spouse can go to school  if she chooses to and I think they pay a little for that while she is attending classes .... but that may have change with this cov-vid 19 crap??

precisely and many service organizations are helping veterans, especially post 9/11 veterans right now, and I thought your were getting SMC as well as SSDI?  Your spouse can be attending school on Chapter 35 and using your post 911 if you transferred it to her OR the many scholarships that are scholarships that are available to her and then she will receive the ~ $1200 a month from Chapter 35 

1 hour ago, seminoles said:

precisely and many service organizations are helping veterans, especially post 9/11 veterans right now, and I thought your were getting SMC as well as SSDI?  Your spouse can be attending school on Chapter 35 and using your post 911 if you transferred it to her OR the many scholarships that are scholarships that are available to her and then she will receive the ~ $1200 a month from Chapter 35 

My spouse has her masters and does so well at Her working only Part time  23 hours a week. Her boss told her he’s starting to pay her full time because of all the events she plans and attends with her patients. And now she does virtual classes for them so her salary has now double. Her first day back and what a hell of an upgrade with all this crap...