VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can’t seperate the two intertwined my ass

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Va hospital records them seperately but disability says they can’t, even after their C and P doctor differentiated the two issues and also put a percent of what each were contributing to my dust issues with my TBI 100 and PTSD 30. Also said my ptsd was caused prior to my sTBI but somehow it’s still listed as a symptom of my sTBI. I understand the pyramiding issue with tbis but say I have a new issue caused by my PTSD say the stress may have contributed or caused my  psoriasis but can the doctor say that this could be the cause at my C and P and be denied as it’s never been rated separately but a symptom? I have a feeling they will just lump it together with my scars disfigurement rating of 30%  not sure if that just means an increase? I’m now at 18 scars or red marks just on my arms, legs, neck, and head.

chronic post-traumatic stress disorder
(SCT 313182004)
  Date/Time Entered: 07 Dec
2017 @ 1200
  Provider:
 SHAPIRO,BARRY
  ACTIVE
 Comments:
 --

History of traumatic brain injury (SCT
88611000119100)
  Date/Time Entered: 27 Sep
2016 @ 1200
  Provider:
 HAGGERTY,FRANCIS
  ACTIVE
 Comments:
 -Problem:
  Impacted cerumen (ICD-9-CM 380.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If I recall correctly, you had indicaed you were SMC S (housebound) already.  You had also indicated you dont seem to be able to qualfiy for Smc T.  

(I dont know, there).  But, if you are SMC S, then additional ratings may not even increase your compensation "unless" you have loss of use and qualify for SMC's.  

I filed for T back when it was just coming out so I may have to try another go at it. I may qualify for much more but my age is a factor I’ll be much more comfortable after my P and T hits 10 years,  but I’m only going on 4 years so anything can happen.,