VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam Vet needs help

Rate this question

helpingvets614

Question

Any veterans or others out there have any luck proving that as a maintenance working on a AF plane, they had to climb aboard and go into Vietnam? the problem I'm running into is that my service record does not put me in Vietnam, so I am unable to claim any Agent Orange presumptive conditions. I have multiple. ANy help is very appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, helpingvets614 said:

Any veterans or others out there have any luck proving that as a maintenance working on a AF plane, they had to climb aboard and go into Vietnam? the problem I'm running into is that my service record does not put me in Vietnam, so I am unable to claim any Agent Orange presumptive conditions. I have multiple. ANy help is very appreciated.

IT DON'T SHOW ON YOUR DD 214 YOU DID MILITARY SERVICE IN VIETNAM?  IF NOT YOU NEED TO SEND IN TO THE  REVIEW BOARD OF MILITARY CORRECTIONS RECORDS AND SEND THEM ANY EVIDENCE YOU WERE IN VIETNAM ON CERTAIN DATES LOCATIONS &  YOUR UNIT NAME YOUR COMMANDERS NAME AND RANK...BUDDY LETTERS  THE TYPE OF AIRCRAFT YOU SERVICED  ECT,,,ECT,,

IF YOU ARE A VIETNAM BOOTS ON THE GROUND VET YOU NEED TO DO THIS ASAP  BECAUSE THERE JUST ARE NOT THAT MANY OF US BOOTS ON THE GROUND FROM THE VIETNAM CONFLICT STILL LIVING.

YOU MAY USE OLD TRAVEL ORDERS OR TDY ORDERS ANYTHING TO PLACE YOU IN VIETNAM ON THE DATES & LOCATIONS YOU SAY YOU WERE THERE

IF YOU FILE  A.O. CLAIM NOW IT WILL NEED TO BE DIRECT SERVICE CONNECTION....IF YOU HAVE A CONDITION NOW IT HAS TO BE THE PRESUMPTION A.O. CLAIM AND IT HAS TO BE ON THE A.O. LIST.

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET YOUR DD-214 CORRECTED ON THIS MATTER  WITH THE MILITARY BOARD OF CORRECTIONS USING THE CORRECT BRANCH OF SERVICE.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

helpingvets614 If I understand you correctly, you worked on aircraft that served in Vietnam, correct. Were any C123s? When did you work on them? It is possible to prove presumptive, but it will take a lot of work. Check this https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/residue-c123-aircraft/index.asp

Go back to the basics:  Caluza elements

1.  current diagnosis

2.  In service event or aggravation.

3.  Nexus. 

To provide "proof" you were in Vietnam, on the ground, I suggest you contact a buddy..you worked with..that saw you "on the ground" in Vietnam, if its not documented in your service records.  One or more of your buddies "is competent" to opine things like he saw you in Vietnam.  He is not competent to prove Agent Orange, but he is competent to say he saw you "on the ground" in Viet nam, if that is the case.  

My advice is to contact one or more friends you served with in Vietnam, or, you at least met there, who can provide a letter of your meeting in Vietnam.  

• HadIt.com Elder

IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE PROOF OR ANY EVIDENCE THAT YOU WERE IN VIETNAM ..IT WILL BE DIFFICULT  FOR YOU TO PROVE  Agent Orange presumptive conditions.

Your Vietnam service must be established.

for you to apply for the change on your DD 214  YOU NEED TO DO THIS  ASAP IT TAKES ABOUT 8 TO 12 MONTHS FOR THEM TO DECIDE  AND THAT'S IF YOU CAN PROVIDE THEM PROOF YOU WERE IN VIETNAM.