VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid and attendant or? I'm confused !

Rate this question

gpound187

Question

Im 100 tdui  .     If I need help at home do I apply for aid and attendant?      I know People with pension is like $2,000 for aid and attendant but what do I apply for for compensation at 100!?      I'm confused I  what ti apply for ?     I heard they give you tiers when it's compensation instead of pension ?        

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Aid and Attendance is also known as SMC L for 100 percent Vets.  It is "about" 700 per month, (for the lowest level)  if awarded.  The criteria for Aid and attendance follows.  If you think you meet this criteria, I suggest you apply online, or use the applicable form and mail it.   CCK law can explain it much better than I can:  https://cck-law.com/blog/aid-and-attendance-benefits/#:~:text=What is Aid and Attendance,the activities of daily living. 

There are actually different levels of A and A, depending mostly upon the level of care you require.  If a nurse is requried, this suggests a higher level of A and A, than, say if a non medical professional provides the care.  

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.352#:~:text=The following will be accorded,special prosthetic or orthopedic appliances

Notice item "C" from above link:

c) Attendance by relative. The performance of the necessary aid and attendance service by a relative of the beneficiary or other member of his or her household will not prevent the granting of the additional allowance.

Edited by broncovet

No.  You will get housebound or A and A.  If you get a and A, you wont get housebound, as A and A is more than housebound.  

Housebound is about 370 per month while A and A is around 700 ish.