VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not sure how this will go

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So I was called by the RO in Arkansas about my new contention he said I would file for an increase in your current scars rating which was due to my tracheotomy from my TBI I said it’s a new condition but still considered exacerbated by my TBI systems such as PTSD. I’m confused by this cause it Is not the old scars I was rated at 30% bothering me but it’s still scars secondary to my TBI residuals that are all over my legs and arms.  But they won’t let me file for new scars again. since this issue is already service connected secondary to my TBI, but my exams been scheduled Really quickly. Has anyone ever had seperation with the ratings for multiple scars or I was just assuming they would lump them all together which is why I said ok I’ll make it increase to the RO gentleman?

• Lead Moderator

Ok so I am in this fight right now.  I have lipomas all over my body and the medical professionals have said they only way for pain relief is more cutting and surgery.  thus creating more scaring.  You can and should go for scaring as it tops out at 40%.  There are higher ratings if it is on your hands or face.  If your scaring is from your service connected conditions they can and should be rated separately from the other conditions.  Also there are more regulations on scaring, I am only talking about the ones which apply to me.  I have painful and unstable scaring.  

I am currently at the CAVC, because they should have already had me at 100% but the RO decided to combine two ratings which lowered my overall rating.  The issue is the main disease will not improve and should be at 60%.  Scaring should be at 40% and they combined them to 60% and said they were the same condition.  Which they are not.  Both cause different issues and are not pyramiding.  

Ouch I’m only 30% ones on my throat and the other is on my face. But the new ones are ugly red and itchy all over my arms and legs. I just figured They screwed me in my residuals tbi and ptsd rating for 6 years before they said wait it’s not 90% p and t Tdiu but 100% scheduler, no wait it’s scheduler and p and t the next month. So this one rating is going to max out at 40% I guess I can’t complain unless the doctor says the scarring is from a new condition which was caused by TBI residuals and not the scars it was already rated on which opens a can of worms of tbi reviews again even though I’m P and T I’ll be mad. 

• Lead Moderator

www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/scars.html

Go to this link and look it up as you could be much higher.  For me right now the highest i can get is 40%.  See what fits your scaring and what rating you should be getting.

They should leave the P&T alone, but are you going for SMC-S?

So apparently the VA has said it was Psoriasis Vulgaris but that doesn’t explain why I had to buy medical tape and arm compression soaks for when the pain in my wrists and elbows become so bad I can’t do anything unless I have them on. But I don’t understand it I keep them on for a month or two and tape my wrists so I can pick my 3 year old and it feels good for like a month or two and then it’s back to compression soaks and taping wrists and sometimes my ankles. I don’t know how my knees are the only pain free joint on my body ugly red knees but pain free....

image.jpg

Then my dumbass falls down a hill at my family’s cabin of all rocks and this beauty hypertext extended ....

37A7E4CC-AFC2-47A1-9196-067CAFFDC989.jpeg