VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Brown Envelope Today

Rate this topic

old romad

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always wondered what VA's justification is for usually including this part of a sentence, in the standard body of a TDIU denial. I take offense in the way it is worded and feel it falls under the category of

"Attitude of Rating Officer".

Can anyone give me a positive reason for the VA to put this on Rating Decisions as I feel this automatically

pisses a person off and puts them in a defensive mode.

"but have not attempted to obtain employment since then"

Congrats on the increase, if your not satisfied continue on with your claim.

JMHO,

Carlie

Old Romad- based on their logic here- it is a sound reason for denying the TDIU-

HOWEVER-

You received some retro- maybe you should consider getting an IMO on the PTSD-

Is there anything that they don't know about?

Do you take meds for PTSD that would render you unable to work via their side affects?

Were you ever turned down for Voc Rehab?

Did you have poor performance appraisals from the sattelite company that reflected anything symptomatic of your PTSD?

Does your medical evidence at all reflect that your PTSD at 50% should be higher-

They probably enclosed the criteria with your award letter-

The DMII- does this rating completely reflect the extent of your diabetes?

Old Romad- based on their logic here- it is a sound reason for denying the TDIU-

HOWEVER-

You received some retro- maybe you should consider getting an IMO on the PTSD-

Is there anything that they don't know about?

Do you take meds for PTSD that would render you unable to work via their side affects?

Were you ever turned down for Voc Rehab?

Did you have poor performance appraisals from the sattelite company that reflected anything symptomatic of your PTSD?

Does your medical evidence at all reflect that your PTSD at 50% should be higher-

They probably enclosed the criteria with your award letter-

The DMII- does this rating completely reflect the extent of your diabetes?

BERTA, just recently diag with severe sleep apnea and issued a BIPAP at 19/16 setting. Also have heart condition and aortic anurism. I owned my own company for 31 years before becoming to disabled to work. Five major operations in 18 months,last inmarch of 06. Was waiting rating decision before filing for heart and apnea. Did I mess up?

First of all, what was your gaf score at your c & p?

Secondly, you need to be in a treatment program with a good personal doctor and after a few sessions have him write you a letter of dignosis. If he feels you are unable to work due to your PTSD he will put it in the letter. Then you appeal and send the letter in.

I don`t know what the time frame is off hand, but I believe if you have new evidence right away, you can send it back to the RO office and ask them to review their recent decision and maybe change it. This might be alot quicker than going the next step with the BVA. I`m not sure if this can be done after an appeal, it may be only allowed after a first time claim decision. I`m sure someone will clarify this right away.

Anyway, bottom line is you have to have a treatment program set up and get an IMO. Of course I`m taking it for granted you think you need treatment if you asked for IU.

I`m 50% PTSD and have appealed for 100% IU/PT. I`m in treatment with a psychologist and psychiatrist monthly now (was weekly at first) and have submitted an IMO from both stating I`m unemployable now and in the future. You need a psychiatrist to prescribe meds.

Cavman

Romad,

We were just told that our claim was at the authorization team. I see that you were told the same thing on 1/24/07. Did they already award your retro and then you got the letter? Or have you only received the letter so far.

Just curious because we were told that we should get a letter in 7-10 days also. Just wondered when and if the payment would be direct deposited or if we would receive a check and when.

Glad to hear your claim was approved for all but the IU. I agree with Berta of what your next step is to get approval for IU.

Thanks,

Brandy

Bumped up to 70% but was denied IU, 50%ptsd,20%dm-2, 10%right leg,10% left leg periphial neurophy.