VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSOC timeline?

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

My remand was completed June 11 and said they couldn't fully grant my appeal. Not sure exactly what that means but i had 2 issues and didn't expect anything with 1 of them. va.gov said I'd receive an SSOC explaining everything. How long does it usually take for them to complete the SSOC and mail it to me?

Well, this is bizarre.  Its probably an ebenefits error, again.  

SOC's and SSOC's were eliminated in Feb. 2019 with the implementation of Ramp aka AMA.  However,  "If" this was an old one, and you did not opt into RAMP, then you could still be in legacy and you may still get a SOC or SSOC.  

An SSOC makes no sense.  This is "supplementary Statement of case", and is done in legacy when you have a claim, get an soc, then submit more evidence, which triggers an SSOC.  

One of the reasons for AMA is because SOC's were taking far too long.  And the mostly unnecessary "certification" of your appeal, also took too long.  The certification, for example, should take 1 to 3 hours, but often takes VA 2 years.  

The SOC could be a year, but it could be less or more.  You might try checking your vbms file (you can only do that if you have a VSO, attorney, or non attorney practioner with VBMS access).  Otherwise you can try checking the status with ebenefits, ask peggy, or IRIS.  

My appeal is a legacy. I had a stupid lawyer who didn't have a clue what he was doing so I didn't go to ramp. I guess it's my fault I listened to him. Lol. This is what I got the other day. 

The Veterans Benefits Administrationsent you a Supplemental Statement of the Case on June 11, 2020 because, after completing the remand instructions from the Board, they couldn’t fully grant your appeal.  

I have a legacy appeal that was remanded in March 2019 for a new medical opinion. I have the exact same message on VA.Gov that you have including the date. I also have 2 issues on the remand. The phrase "couldn't fully grant your appeal" may lead one to believe they denied one and granted the other or else why use the word fully at all. However with VA that is probably not the case. They may just use that same phrase whether it is a full or partial denial or full or partial grant.  The wisest posters on this site will always tell you to wait for the envelope because that is the only reliable info and they are correct. June 11, 2020 is the day they are saying they sent it out. I live about an hour drive from Philly Varo and the last time they sent me a soc it took ten days from the day they say they sent it.  Mail from Philly that is not sent by the VA takes 1 to 2 days to arrive.  When you get the ssoc you will have the opportunity to submit new evidence to the VBA which may take almost another year for them to review and possibly issue another ssoc. I will let VBA return the remand to BVA and submit my new evidence to the board. No sense wasting time.

Remisdad:  You are just gonna have to wait for the envelope and see which condition(s) were granted and which not, UNLESS its contained in your Letters secition of ebeneifts. (As sumpty579 suggested).  

On 6/14/2020 at 6:58 PM, broncovet said:

Remisdad:  You are just gonna have to wait for the envelope and see which condition(s) were granted and which not, UNLESS its contained in your Letters secition of ebeneifts. (As sumpty579 suggested).  

Bronco many times the info is in the E-Benefits before we get the BBL would you say this is true most of the time?