VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPDATE George Donovan

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

I am posting the status of George Donovan here in this group for all who knew him. He was like a father to me. I love him like family. I asked his daughter if it would be ok to post about what George Donovan's status currently is. I know that I do not have all of the answers to help my fellow Veteran's, but I promised George Donovan aka DGastone that I would pass on what he gave to me and to do my best. I will always continue to do this. I was brushing up on as much as I could the past couple of years and now feel I can be of some assistance. I get a lot of rebuttle but that is ok I WILL NEVER GIVE UP GEORGE. Anyways the following is what Mr. George Donovan's daughter told me, and she said it was fine to share with you members that know him.

Hi Daniel, my Dad is hanging in there. They went to a more aggressive form of chemo (through a mesh cap on his skull) so he is pretty confused these days, but the tumor has shrunk some so that's a positive. Your kind words and prayers mean a lot. He always talked about you guys, he loves all of you so much.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thank you for the update and my prayers for George.  Never did know his real name.  He had invited me to join him and a group of Viet Nam vets that met monthly at the VAMC Detroit.  I was unable to make it to any of their get togethers.  "Gastone" along with several other hadit members is the reason that I am at 90% and awaiting several claims that have been languishing for 7 years now which should put me at 100. 

Yes, Gastone was/is a great guy, and offered quality advice, mostly all positive.  I cant think of a single time Gastone said stuff like, "oh you should give up your claim, you dont have a chance"

Instead, I think it was him who said "NEVER GIVE UP".  

I applied in 2002, and didnt win all my benefits until early this year. (18 years of fighting VA).  

But..guess what..VA is still fighting me on dependents.."Even tho" I won a remand CAVC in 2013.  The VARO "non complied" with the remand, so its looking like I will be filing a writ of mandamus to compel VARO to implement the 2013 remand.  

I hope I have enough strength left (after fighting 18 years) to file a Writ of mandamums.    I filed a writ, pro se, in 2008, so this will be my second writ.  

14 hours ago, toddt said:

Thank you for the update and my prayers for George.  Never did know his real name.  He had invited me to join him and a group of Viet Nam vets that met monthly at the VAMC Detroit.  I was unable to make it to any of their get togethers.  "Gastone" along with several other hadit members is the reason that I am at 90% and awaiting several claims that have been languishing for 7 years now which should put me at 100. 

He helped me to become 100%. I am now working to become a claims agent because of how much I have learned.

14 hours ago, broncovet said:

Yes, Gastone was/is a great guy, and offered quality advice, mostly all positive.  I cant think of a single time Gastone said stuff like, "oh you should give up your claim, you dont have a chance"

Instead, I think it was him who said "NEVER GIVE UP".  

I applied in 2002, and didnt win all my benefits until early this year. (18 years of fighting VA).  

But..guess what..VA is still fighting me on dependents.."Even tho" I won a remand CAVC in 2013.  The VARO "non complied" with the remand, so its looking like I will be filing a writ of mandamus to compel VARO to implement the 2013 remand.  

I hope I have enough strength left (after fighting 18 years) to file a Writ of mandamums.    I filed a writ, pro se, in 2008, so this will be my second writ.  

Do you have SSDI?