VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flat Feet

Rate this question

Yong

Question

I was diognosed with flat feet condition moderate to severe asymtomatic when I join the army twenty years age.

My physical before retirement states that I have severe flat feet asymtomatic.

Can this be claim?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I was diognosed with flat feet condition moderate to severe asymtomatic when I join the army twenty years age.

My physical before retirement states that I have severe flat feet asymtomatic.

Can this be claim?

Are you symptomatic (foot pain) now? If not (you're still asymptomatic) probably not. Since you had moderate to severe pes planus on induction and it's severe now, but if without any pain, you don't have an aggravation. I take it that you haven't had

any medical teatments between discharge and now? (Prosthetics, like the Thompson-heeled shoes are a medical treatment.)

Ralph

• HadIt.com Elder

Read this with interest. Several entries in my military medical records attend to my flat feet/varicose veins edema problems that were on again/off again chronic conditions on active duty. Am treated by VA with orthotic inserts/support hose now every six months. May have applied for flat feet disability compensation upon reitrement years ago, wonder if I have chance to "re-apply" now, wasnt represented very well at all and have been going at issues with help of Hadit family - "Go Team!" Again, just wondering if I have a chance - thanks.cg

Read this with interest. Several entries in my military medical records attend to my flat feet/varicose veins edema problems that were on again/off again chronic conditions on active duty. Am treated by VA with orthotic inserts/support hose now every six months. May have applied for flat feet disability compensation upon reitrement years ago, wonder if I have chance to "re-apply" now, wasnt represented very well at all and have been going at issues with help of Hadit family - "Go Team!" Again, just wondering if I have a chance - thanks.cg

Cowgirl, if it's in your SMRs, you still have it and you've been treated for it along the way, go for it. You might get SC - 0%, but sounds like you should get at least SC. I'm guessing that you'll need some of that unpleasant ache and pain to get a compensation percentage.

Ralph

• HadIt.com Elder

I was drafted in 1968 and no flat feet and when I separated I was noted as having flat feet in 1970. In 1991 I applied for benefits and was awarded flat feet in 1992. During my C&P I answered truthfully that I had problems with shin splints and pain and that when I was tired my feet hurt. I was awarded 30%.

I think I was lucky. I have no arch in either foot.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks. VA ortho doc has current very descriptive entry in my VA medical records. I am encouraged now to get IMO. Guess my next step is to ID specific SMR entries to submit for nexus, not sure if there is clear statement of "flat feet"ples panus", but several treatments for footpain/swelling. Now aches, muscle pulls and pain are constant,am thinking lower lumbar/D3 may be secondary, will see what IMO recognizes then back to VA.cg

I don't know but it seems that you should be able to file a claim implying that your military service aggravated your condition if you can get the medical support to back it up.