VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ebenefits payment history double posted from 04/01/2009 to 07/01/2014

Rate this question

kanewnut

Question

I sure wish someone would try this and let me know how yours displays.

Has anyone checked payment history for "all". Mine is showing double posted dates. If I click on the top one I get an error. If I click on the bottom one it works okay. I have reported it. So far no solution. I have checked with a different computer and I get the same thing. Has anyone else checked this? I would really like to know if this is just me or everyone. I had an issue in 2018 where ebenefits had my middle initial correct but my middle name was wrong. I had to send them a copy of my SSA card and my birth certificate for them to correct it. I don't know how that could get messed up. Forgive me if I feel just a little paranoid that the VA is out to get me. 

268338931_Screenshot2020-06-1722_01_07.thumb.png.026c5052e4937cc1a1bb64df89a9d111.png

If I click on the top duplicate I get this message -

Payment History
We are unable to locate your information online at this time. Please call 1-800-827-1000 or try again later.

If I click on the bottom duplicate I get -

Payment History

Print This Page
Return to Payment Summary Edit Your Personal Contact Information
Details on your Compensation & Pension - Recurring Payment sent on 07/01/2014
Net Payment:$1,312.40
Date:07/01/2014
Type:Compensation & Pension - Recurring
Method:Direct Deposit
Bank Name:USAA FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK
Account Number:xxxxxxxxxx4199
About Payments
Disclaimer: Detailed information about some benefits payments may not be available online. For example, payments made in amounts less than $1 for direct deposit or $5 for mailed checks will not be displayed in your online payment history. Gross payments and modifications will display only for recurring and irregular compensation payments. If you have questions about payments made by VA, please call the VA Help Desk at 1-800-827-1000.

Payment Dates: VA pays benefits on the first of each month for the previous month. But if the first falls on a weekend or holiday, payment is made on the last business day of the previous month. Example: If May 1 is a Saturday, then benefits would be paid on Friday, April 30.

Edited by kanewnut
get someone to try it

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

So they got duplicated in the display database. It’s not your official record of payment it’s just a picture, anymore than your bank page is not an official view of your bank account (it really isn’t, I’ve worked in IT for years) It doesn’t mean anything and it has nothing to do with anyone being out to get anyone. You didn’t get double paid and ebenefits is not part direct  of VA or DFAS so all it does is pull information in. Ebenefits is not official VA anything, they just pull data from us to display to you.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

14 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Ebenefits is not official VA anything, they just pull data from us to display to you.

I find that hard to believe. It states this "A Service of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense". Certainly seems to me to be a part of VA and DOD. The website is .va.gov.

14 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

You didn’t get double paid and ebenefits is not part direct  of VA or DFAS so all it does is pull information in.

My question had absolutely nothing to do with getting paid. If ebenefits is just pulling in information from VA or DFAS that is even worse. I don't have anything from VA or DOD that has my middle name wrong. It doesn't make any sense that someone went in there and changed it.

15 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

I’ve worked in IT for years

So did I. The data being dis[played has to come from somewhere. If everybody has duplicate entries for the same time period then I would think it is probably a program problem. If it is only me then it may be in my records alone. 

15 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

it has nothing to do with anyone being out to get anyone.

First I find my middle name wrong. No idea how that happens. Then someone changes my address in VA. Mail and drugs are going to an address I don't live at. No one knows who or how it got changed. Then ebenefits is displaying doubled entries. No, no one is out to get anyone, this is just VA SOP and absolutely no one is responsible. I can't believe in this day and time they are not keeping track of who is making changes to the database.    

Hard to believe, but true. The site is 'part' of VA.gov, but VSRs, Raters, etc have nothing to do with maintaining it in any way. We don't even access it. *shrug* I don't know what else to tell you. I just checked my history and it is not duplicated as of now. Maybe yours in no longer that way. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

16 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Maybe yours in no longer that way. 

No. I just checked it. Same thing. Thanks for checking yours.

Edited by kanewnut