VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AO Prostate Cancer Claim was Approved in One Month!

Rate this question

Max Rommel

Question

I asked for help on this site several times and the responses were great. I'm an AO Vietnam vet and I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. I submitted a claim online. I uploaded the biopsy and my DD214 after being told that I needed to prove just two things: I served in Vietnam and I have Prostate Cancer. I had a phone interview with an RN that lasted about 10 minutes. Exactly one month from the day I filed the claim I got a letter from the VA that said I was 100% disabled and would receive $3106 a month.

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I need to focus on getting better.

3 answers to this question

That is GREAT!!!!!

In 6 months they might reduce your rating but might not-

The decision should mention that.

Info here:

https://www.hillandponton.com/prostate-cancer-agent-orange/

For any Vietnam incountry vet, with a AO presumptive, those claims should take mere minutes to award- once the exposure is confirmed by DD214 etc, and the diagnosis is on the presumptive list.

Blue Water Navy, Thailand vets, and other vets who proved AO elsewhere ( to include C0NUS AO) will often take much longer.

Blue Waters need to read the info here on Blue Water AO claims, and then dig out their deck logs...unless their ship is already on the AO ship's list-

• HadIt.com Elder

Max Just a caution. It should be rated at 100%, but that is not necessarily a permanent. If it is an active cancer it will remain at 100%. If you require surgery, then after a period of recovery, they will re-eval and if it is in remission, will rate you on your new symptoms. If you chose not to do surgery, called active watching, and you still have active cancer, then it will remain rated at 100% but you will have periodic exams to check on any change. We certainly hope you have a quick recovery.