VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90% , need advice to get to 100%

Rate this question

goaltender

Question

Any advice will be appreciated.

Here is what I have:

70% PTSD with panic attacks 

50% sleep apena

30% IBS

30% migraine including migraine variants (also claimed as headaches), residuals of traumatic brain injury.

( the professional thing re: a migraine rating is that.....going into the BVA process, i did not have a migraine rating. I did have a 10% TBI rating. The law judge found the migraine diagnosis in my reccords, ordered another TBI eval, and once the eval was done, my 10% TBI was changed to 30% migraine.

I need to get to 100% P & T. The route i want to take is get my 30% migraine up to a 50% migraine.

I know the elements that need to be proven, at least i think i do, re: proving economic hardships ( migraines affecting employment, etc.), but i am looking for specific advice/ help here.

- I have a co- works statement ( non military).

- my attorney is saying he wants a migraine log.?

any other pointers please?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes it is Ham  and VA knows it.

now if a veteran is rated up to say around 70% I can see that , but anything more he is pretty disabled  especially at 90%   I think this is why they do this  save money. and cause the veteran more problems(or appeals wait time) trying to reach the 100%

From the date I filed my disability's to the date I finally got the 100% took 6 years.  took 3 years to get 50%  I was in Appeals for 6 years  back in 1998  to 2002/2003,

2000 is my EED on the 50% so I got my 20 year protection rule on that  but still need 2022 to complete my over all ratings  for the 20 year protection rule.

Unfortunately Alex (Asknod.Inc) is helping a veteran with 19 years and 8  months in consecutively (or close to this)  and they called him in for a Re-Evaluation.

And that's a shame they did that. Almost 20 years in and they call up a Veteran trying to see if they can reduced him   grrrr

So none of us are safe until we reach the 20 years with our S.C. Disability's 

BUT 90% VETERANS can reach the 100% if they don't never give up. (jmo)

They would need a 50%increase or a new condition rated 50%  to reach the 100% or TDIU P&T  when rated at 90%

Edited by Buck52

Like the previous answer I was made 100 P and T at the age of 30 so please understand if I wasn’t xxxxxx from my sTBI I be on the same boat I kept trying to work while I kept filing for 6 years  2010 to 2016 before wait what my appeal granted I’m disabled then the next year SSA went thru your disabled. SSDI was approved before The VA went thru let me repeat if you think you shouldn’t be working maybe you shouldn’t, best advice get a vocational analysis by a doctor and file for IU. While  you wait file for ssdi bet SSA bets the VA like it did for me.... Just FYI I didn’t even know what the xxxx SSDI was until 2016 but it’s a money helper not anything else as it does nothing medically for your family only P and T does not even if your 100% scheduler unless stuff has changed in the last three years 

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 90% TDIU as well.  I need a new 50% disability to get to 100%.  I will have 20 years at 70% TDIU in August 2021.  The other 20% I got from DMII and Heart Disease due to AO.  I think I was one of the first vets to get HB as a TDIU vet when I got an extra 60%.  I had to file a CUE to get it.  To get my extra 50% I have to rely on getting a lot sicker.  I will have TDIU 90% engraved on my tomestone plus FTA.

Headache and migraine 0% for 6 years and then bam got my first migraine exam solo not with a tbi review and wow 50% keywords (prostrating headaches) I didn’t even know what it was in 2010 until after my first time exam so I said I don’t know that’s what got me the 0% but then two increases along with my tbi increases they increased my tbi to 100% but said 0 for my headaches. Then my first solo exam I was increased to 50% almost 8 years later....just because this time I went prepared and made sure it said prostrating headaches at least 4 times a week. It’s wasn’t a lie I live off of grunt candy 800 mg ibuprofen. But if I wanted to waste my kids life and try to get it rated back to 2010 I would be consumed again like I was when my kids were 1 and 3. VA not taking anymore of my daddy time away again so if he asks and they are prostrating look it and if it is say yes and if he doesn’t ask say they are. And you should be fine...

On 8/24/2020 at 12:52 PM, Fat said:

For a 50% rating, does prostrating headaches also include definite economic loss (not being able to work vs  disruptions of work).

I understand prostrating to mean seditary/stationary or laying down until residuals reside.

Does it also include debilitating to include sitting down or stopping working until pain subsides.

A veteran in our chat group is pretty detailed and has been referred to a neurosurgeon by his primary doctor.

He was cited for tension headaches in the Army.

The economic loss could be frequent work disruptions to include leaving and going home.

wondering this too....

i filed for increase and hoping to go from 0% to 30%(i see a doctor have 2-4 headaches a week before medication;1-2 prostrating a month, and now take medication 2x day with emergency medication for my most severe headaches) i dont know why the va ever gave me 0% with this in my medical record but i am also submited a 6 month log of headaches that i logged in an excel book i printed into a PDF. 

but wondering what really defines 30% from 50% ?

thanks guys for any updates