VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90% , need advice to get to 100%

Rate this question

goaltender

Question

Any advice will be appreciated.

Here is what I have:

70% PTSD with panic attacks 

50% sleep apena

30% IBS

30% migraine including migraine variants (also claimed as headaches), residuals of traumatic brain injury.

( the professional thing re: a migraine rating is that.....going into the BVA process, i did not have a migraine rating. I did have a 10% TBI rating. The law judge found the migraine diagnosis in my reccords, ordered another TBI eval, and once the eval was done, my 10% TBI was changed to 30% migraine.

I need to get to 100% P & T. The route i want to take is get my 30% migraine up to a 50% migraine.

I know the elements that need to be proven, at least i think i do, re: proving economic hardships ( migraines affecting employment, etc.), but i am looking for specific advice/ help here.

- I have a co- works statement ( non military).

- my attorney is saying he wants a migraine log.?

any other pointers please?

My advice...there are a LOT of things you can connect secondary to your PTSD.  ANYTHING that can be aggravated by Stress.

(Raynaud's Disease/Syndrome, Heart Arrhythmia, Asthma, Conditions you have due to medications you take for PTSD)

Secondary conditions are the keys to kingdom in a lot of cases.  People forget about them.  Going for an increase is not always the best route.  You get the wrong C&P doc...and you get "decreased" or even worse recommended to remove SC. 

If you're being treated for ANYTHING that can be impacted by stress....go for that.