VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting copies of outside C&P exams

Rate this question

deedub75

Question

I was at my local VAMC yesterday in Indianapolis to get my allergy shot so I stopped by the Request of Information (ROI) office to obtain a copy of my contractor conducted C&P exam from March 2020.  The office was closed to the public but they had request forms that could be filled out and dropped into a lock box.  I filled one out and got a call this morning from someone in the office saying that they no longer receive courtesy copies of outside exams anyone and I'd have to go back to the place where it was conducted to request a copy.  Over the years I have always been able to go to that office and they would just print out a copy of those outside exams, but that no longer is the case at least at my VAMC.  

Has anyone else run into this?  

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You might try the VBA Office  (Veterans Benefit Administration) ask if they have a copy of that exam and make you a copy...they can look in the computer to see.

I did this a few years ago for my C&P EXAM it  was outside contractor QTC.

I ask at the window  clerk had me sign a FOI .

And about 10 minutes later they (VSO) called me back  and took me to his cubical  and I told him what I wanted  he look on his computer and found the exam and made me one free copy.

Now with this covid-19  I am not sure they still do that?

you may want to double check the letter that the contractor sent you for the date/time of the exam , they may have a Fax#  you can request a copy from them?

I know the VBA offices are still closed due to COVID-19.  I've always been able to get the from the VAMC in the past and since I was there I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm gonna call the contract to see if I can get a copy from them.  I don't really need it per se but I was gonna send a copy for my SSDI claim.  SSDI only pulls medical records from VAMC and not any of VBA claims info.