VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Women Vets: Fort McCellan, AL : Breast Cancer

Rate this question

luvschool9@gmail.com

Question

I have filed a claim for Breast Cancer. It was denied. I was stationed at Ft. McClellan, AL. It was designated a super fund site. The EPA did a cleanup after base was closed. My claim was evaluated by a CME(?) Certified Examiner. His opinion is that my cancer is not related to chemical exposure at Ft. Mac.  Anyone else with same or similar experience?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You will need to identify what chemicals or environmental hazards you were exposed to and then you will need an independent medical opinion ( IME/IMO) to state ,with a full medical rationale, and rule out any other etiology for the cancer, that your exposure to XXXXX ( the specific chemicals) caused the breast cancer.

This article might help and also the IMO.IME must follow the criteria here in our IMO/IME forum.

https://www.hillandponton.com/fort-mcclellan-toxic-exposures-veterans-need-know/

This search feature of vets with breast cancer, who were at Ft. McClelland might help:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS695US695&q=fort+mcclellan+breast+cancer&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPqYX6r53qAhXYK80KHQqlCXkQ1QIoBXoECAwQBg&biw=1422&bih=652

VA does not seem to care at all what bases are Superfund sites.