VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Schedule Appointments that your Dr Cancels?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My VA MH Dr called me and said she had to cancel my appointment on July- 2- 2020 11:00 AM because she had a Dr Appointment came up unexpected on July 2nd  and she had to see her Dr on my Appointment date.

When she called me to cancel my VA Appointment with her I ask her if she would cancel my appointment to show the Clinic Cancel it,  BECAUSE  I do not won't to be showed a ''NO SHOW''she said she would.  THIS WAS A WEEK AGO OR SO

Well they still show I have this appointment  July 2nd..its the Virtual Tele Health Scheduled Appointment. After this date >>.if it says NO Show'' THATS NOT MY FAULT and makes me look bad.

My question to any of you member's  is ...> Since the Dr obviously forgot to have it canceled by the clinic,  should I call the clinic and ask them to show the clinic canceled it? or just wait to see what they say  if I was a NO SHOW or not?

This is not the first time this has happened  and its giving me a bad reputation as a no show.

I keep all my appointments  never once have I canceled a scheduled appointment in the  last 40 years plus have I NEVER missed an appointment with the VA.

These no shows can cause a veteran problems getting appointment's on down the road  and VA is my only health care provider.

Anyone???

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, its happened to me, probably 4 or 5 times in the past 12 years.  

My advice?  

Its a "nothing burger" with cheese and fries.  

Dont worry about it!  Frankly, "I dont give a rip" if there are people in the VA, or elsewhere, who "believe" (in error), that I cancelled an appointment, when, in fact, it was VA.  

Oh, and the "cheese and fries" is that "IF" the VA even tried to reduce me on that bases, you can keep a log of it and show them its not true.  MMMMMM---Wendy's anyone?  (My favorite fries).  

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, probably Bronc's advise is  correct. It won't mean anything. We now have an option to use ebenefits to make, cancel, and reschedule in some VAMC. I always want to talk to a real person myself but I imagine you can post a reschedule there for a new request date (and show a comment.) But one thing I know you can do to cover yourself: use ebenefits to send a secure message to your doc. Something like " doc, just confirming our discussion on xxx, we agreed to reschedule our video conference scheduled for xxx at xxx. Just a reminder you were going to make a comment that it was agreed to before hand, and it wouldn't show as my missing a appointment." Make a hard copy. They are supposed to respond in max of 3 days. Make a copy of that too. No worries; it's probably an oversite on her part.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I still don't won't to be a no show for my appointment   because I planed on making it.

Maybe other VAMC are different  but mine if your a no show more than 3 times in a year  or cancel your own appointment, it makes it that much harder to make an appointment when you need one, they see you labeled as a NO SHOW and can make excuses not to give you an appointment  other than like 6 months out  they may say well the only time slot I am showing is 6 months from now, they do this all the time  but with this covid -19  it might make a difference  if my Dr was diagnose with the coronavirus?

I will call my MH Clinic and ask the clerk to put the cancellation as a clinic canceled by the Clinic.

Ok.   I like to keep my gas tank "above" 1/2 full.  That way, I never run out of gas.  

However, you can go to far the other way, too...insisting on a fillup when you have only used a gallon or so.  

Your "3 strikes and your out" with appointments reminds me of this.  If they have "thrown you a strike", well dont ignore it, but you still have 2 more to go.  

When I got my knee replacement, wifey had to care for me.  She also had to drive for about 6 weeks.   We kinda reached a compromise on the gas..I got her to fill up at 1/3 of a tank.  That way, we never ran out of gas, but she didnt have to fill the tank every 3 days.  

Im not worried about "one strike" when I still have 2 more.