VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

karl joesph boss

Rate this question

karlb7091@gmail.com

Question

On January 13 I sent a request for a purple heart I was wounded during a firefight,I exracted  a wounded friend were I recieved a bronce star for valour ,as i went to get him i had to go 3 times before getting him out of danger.I sent all required documents,and Sacha Herdt signed for it i have not recieved an answer,coud please send me your answer Thank You

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Karl If you were wounded but the award wasn't submitted by your CO, this is what I found for procedure: on https://www.hrc.army.mil/TAGD/Purple Heart

2. Any member of the U.S. Army who believes that he or she is eligible for the PH, but through unusual circumstances no award was made, may submit an application through the member’s chain of command to the Commander, USAHRC, ATTN: Awards and Decorations Branch (AHRC-PDP-A), 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5408.

The application will include the following documents:

• DA Form 4187 (Personnel Action) (Only required for Active Component, Army Reserve, and National Guard);
  • Chain of command endorsement (through the first general officer in the Servicemember’s current chain of command for Servicemembers currently serving);
  • Deployment orders or Mobilization Roster;
  • Officer Record Brief/Enlisted Record Brief/DA Form 2-1, 2A, 2B, or 2C;
  • One-page narrative describing the qualifying incident and the conditions under which the Servicemember was injured or wounded;
  • Statements from at least two individuals other than the proposed recipient who were personally present, observed the incident, and have direct knowledge of the event. Alternatively, other official documentation may be used to corroborate the narrative;
  • Casualty report (if applicable);
  • SF 600 (Chronological Record of Medical Care); and,
  • DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) (if applicable)
  • My question is if you received a Bronze Star for that same action, wouldn't that citation also include the fact that you were wounded in that action. You may have an easier time on getting this corrected if you can get statements from your CO.