VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Records For Claim

Rate this question

VIETNAMVETFAM

Question

My brother served in Vietnam.. We were denied our claim twice.  Our VSO we had last time, would read me medical files he had online that stated things that I haven't received in any of his records from the hospital. He was shocked that he got denied, since the things he had read in his records were so clear that he had PTSD.  Our VSO is not in business anymore.  They lost their funding.  Now we have to start over.  Is there anywhere I should look for these records?  What was he seeing this on?  Also, we found that he was in a hospital that closed down 10 years ago.  What happens to the records?  Any help would be greatly appreciated..  Thanks.  

• HadIt.com Elder

VIETNAMFAM

Do you happen to know if that Hospital was a VAMC =( Veterans Administration  Medical Center) Or an US Army Base Hospital?

IF IT HAS NOT BEEN TO LONG? (OVER 10 YEARS?)  THEN THAT WOULD BE THE PLACE TO CHECK ON HIS MEDICAL RECORDS,

ALSO, IF YOU NEVER HAVE CHECK WITH N.R.P.C,  In St Louis Mo   you might want to sign a FOIA and request copies from them request of all his records and make sure they send the front pages as well as the back pages and request ALL COPIES. Or Every records they have in their possession..