VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim Appeared Automatically

Rate this question

MarineLCpl

Question

I logged into my VA.gov account today and noticed it said there was a claim for compensation started. I never filed a claim on my end. I’m not sure if it’s just coincidence, but there’s a few things that strike me. 

The claim is dated for today(June 30th, 2020). My last claim was July 1st, 2015 which was a re-evaluation. I was called for a C&P exam back then, can’t remember if it was before or after this date. 

So it’s been almost 5 years exactly, do you think this was automatically triggered by the VA to do a re-evaluation of my current status? I honestly can’t think of anything else it could be. 

One last thing, I submitted my taxes this morning also. I’m currently rated at 80%, but getting paid for TDIU. On my taxes, the only income there was to report was around 2k in hobby income, in which my expenses almost matched(few hundred dollars shy, I believe). 

I know I shouldn’t be as worried as I am, but the paranoia in me says that they saw this tiny bit of earned income and requested a re-eval. I can’t say for sure, the status of my generated claim says they’re still adding details and to check back. 

Any ideas or info on the matter is appreciated 🙂 

@GB No, not married. I have a girlfriend, and while I’ve talked with her about my problems, I’m not ready for full disclosure quite yet...I don’t want to scare her off, lol 

@broken I understand there has to be a record of the exam, I’m talking about them RECORDING it, tricking me in the process, and something I say become a matter of record in a negative way. I have heard horror stories about C&P examiners taking things out of context and using it against a veteran. Have also heard of PTSD tricks involving a series of images...the examiner will tell the veteran before the slides start “Just note, a person with PTSD probably won’t be able to see these pictures” etc. 

The only thing I’m hopeful about is the contractor itself, LHI. 

I have read some positive reviews from fellow vets saying this company treated them right. 

3 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Would you rather it wasn't recorded, then, if they DID "trick" you, that your lawyer and doctor couldn't find it during discovery later? 

I’d rather go under oath in court then be recorded...to each their own, I guess. Just freaks me out, I feel much more comfortable knowing it’s just me and another person in a room talking about these sensitive topics...not some video call that could be passed around to as many people as they’d like...just another thing to be nervous about or whatever, wish I wasn’t so weird about some things..

Plus, I do telehealth for MH, too, and in NE if they were recording they would have to tell me- we're a two party consent state. my doctor takes notes as we talk, just like if I was in there. 

1 minute ago, brokensoldier244th said:

IF it makes you feel any better, all VSRs can see are the notes from telehealth. We don't see recordings or even direct transcripts. 

I’ve given up hope for the most part, the VA does what it wants, I can only try and be as prepared as possible when things happen. I think I’ll choose to do the video call for the sake of speeding up this dreadful process. If they try and pull some bs, I’ll deal with it when the time comes...but I already know, the longer this process drags out, the more miserable my quality of life will be in the meantime. I appreciate the advice and comfort 🙂