VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter from private Dr

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am trying to get A&A for my spouse  or any help from the VA.

my spouse got a letter from her Dr today  but he never mention what her disability's are only that she is disabled  here is what he mention in part.

Texas Health Physicians Group

Texas Health Family Care

Address and phone # &fax #

To whom it may Concern

Mrs ***** Has been a patient of mine  for many  years. Unfortunately, Mrs***** is disabled  and is unable to carry out her daily Activities .

Her disability is life long  and she will need assistance  with her daily activities. 

Please  Contact my office  if you have any questions

And her Dr signed it

*********  *  ************* D.O.

Would this be good to include as our evidence.?

.she has a Long List of Disability's   to many to mention  plus she has a letter from her Pain Dr  for what he is treating her for but he don't expect her to improve  and he said she don't never need to be left alone because of her disability''s

she needs help getting dressed  she needs help getting in and out of a chair  transfering, she needs help walking  she needs help bathing, she can sill use her hand to eat but thats not say much she only eats like 1 or 2 bites..she needs help with mother nature   she is not totally blind but has to have glasses to read.

Anybody know if these  type letters is good evidence to submit for A&A

Her Dr is just so busy he don't have time to write out all her disability's.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

That other stuff should be in the letter from her doctor including specifics about activities that she can’t do. Don’t put it in there yourself and merge it, because if va seeks validation from her doctor and then they say “what the heck..,” when presented with a letter they signed but didnt write, well, that’s bad. You can provide lay evidence, but having a doctor do it, or coooroborate it is a required part of the evidence needed. https://www.va.gov/pension/aid-attendance-housebound/

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder

ROGER THAT brokensoldier244th

I HAD NOTICE THAT IN THE LETTER ABOUT HER DISABILITY'S NEEDS TO BE DESCRIBE by her Dr's

I'll ASK HER TO CALL HER Dr AND ASK HIM TO BE MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT HER DISABILITY'S AND WHY SHE IS DISABLED.

SHE TOTALLY DISABLE BY THE  SSA and is on Medicare'

as '' for writing in her disability's and by pass the Dr..''no way we both don't know  those medical terms as to what he has mention , that's to  for out of our comprehension...  spouse may know what a lot of it is  but trying to explain it   we leave that up to the Dr.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah of course we would never ''write in''  the medical language Dr's Uses  that's pure fraud.

It would be easier if they did pull all her medical records  its all in there about her medical problems and there is tons of records from SSA & VA.....if she had a C-FILE it would be dozens of boxes full and may take at least two CD's to put it all in.....seriously.

I was reading a BVA Case and one of the reason they denied was because the Dr never mention the severity of the disability's and basically he did not state what the disability's were that kept the claimant from doing her daily activities.

Dr 's I guess just don't have the time to write out things like this, his nurse is the one that ask us about all this she recommended we ask  the Dr for a letter and this is what he sent us. 

They all know her at the Dr's office clinic  she has to have special accommodations just to get in to see the Dr.

If VA won't help that's fine were sure not going to beg them.

but they have help her before they saved her life one time  back in 2005  she had open heart triple  heart by pass surgery. just months right after that  they closed down the citi program for 100% veterans spouses.

And now she is prone to get Pneumonia very easy/let alone this corona-virus...so we very seldom get out of the house..were moving now  down sizing I guess you could say,  so I am looking for us a smaller home.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Well they can certainly pull her SS MEDICAL RECORDS  SHE HAS A TON OF THEM, ALSO SHE HAS A TON OF VA MEDICAL RECORDS, if she was a veteran &  service connected for all her medical problems she has  she more than likely would be getting the top SMC's

I can't hardly stand to see her this way.but I am all she got and I have my medical problems too  so we both try to make do the best way we can.