VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update...with some good news?

Rate this question

Indy_CV62_OS

Question

Sorry for not being active.  There really wasn't anything going on with my Remand until June 29, 2020.  I have three issues on Remand; SC for Post Thoracotomy Syndrome including chest wall defect and damage to intercostal nerve, increase bronchial asthma higher than 10% with a EED prior to April 2017 and TDIU.

I'd logged in to va.gov last Monday and saw that one of the issues; SC for the Collapsed Lungs was Granted.  The other two issues are still open.  So, I'm now reading all of the prior cases to try and determine what kind of Rating they are going to assign.  The increase for Asthma should be easy; their Ratings Chart calls for at least 30% if function is at a lower percentage or Veteran is using daily cortico steroid inhalers.  I have Spiriva and Symbicort every day.

The IU is the tricky one.  As we all know, you must have at least one issue at 60% or a combination of issues that total at least 70% with one issue at least 40%.  Even if the Veteran meets these criteria, IU is still subjective and not a given.  I'm going to predict a Rating of 40% or 50% for the Post-thoracotomy plus an increase from 0% to 10% for the scars, 30% for Asthma EED Aug 2014 and TDIU.

The VA being what it is, could just lowball me as well.  There's just no way to figure them out.  If anyone wants to see my Remand and/or the C&P Exam from Dec 2019, just let me know and I will post redacted copies.  For all of you who are Legacy, it seems as though 6 months is the average to get your Legacy Appeal Certified to the BVA and then 6 months on average for the VA to work on the Remand.  Good luck.

Edited by Indy_CV62_OS
spelling

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet