VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military pay in lieu????????

Rate this question

cavscout1967

Question

I looked on my ebenefits today and saw that on a "claim for military pay in lieu of compensation was updated/filed in July" Why would this have been filed? I did not file it, and I did not retire from the service. I did have a case that a Court of Veterans Appeals judge was ruling on and my attorney called me a few weeks ago and said the might be open to reviewing IU for me.

Is this related possibly? How? I did get a separation payment when I left the service and the VA withheld all disability payments until is was all paid off. It took about 10 yrs but was satisfied. Since then I have received my monthly disability checks with no issues.If anyone can offer opinions about this that would be great.

I looked just a minute ago on VA.Gov and see that the claim has now been closed. The purpose of it was listed as Verification of separation pay amount (New)..Does that mean anything to anyone?

Thanks

Edited by cavscout1967
Adding new information

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That is odd. First thing I thought of was recoupment of separation pay, but you said that was already done. Hopefully another member can provide some insight. Did you happen to call your VSO or 1-800-827-1000 to ask about it?

It could be anything, my suggestion would be to contact your attorney and ask them as VYNC suggested. I think that would be the fastest way to figure out what is going on. Speculating could be that the judge and or your attorney want to be sure that the correct amount was recouped prior to any decision. 

What ebenefits (or VA.gov) says, plus a ten dollar bill will get you a cup of coffee at most places in town.  Or, without the ebenefits/va.gov reports you can get coffee for 5 dollars or less.  

In short, ebenefits is unreliable, out of date, and often just wrong.  You can do one or more of several things:

1.  Do nothing.  Wait for the envelope. 

2.  Call your attorney..he may be able to see VBMS file and know more. 

3.  Call "Peggy" at the 800 number and get still more unreliable and mostly useless information.

4.  Send an email to iris.   

Is it possible that you are eligible for CRDP?

https://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/special-pay/comparing-crsc-and-crdp.html

CRDP is automatic- when the VA has evidence of a veteran's eligibility to it- CRSC, on the other hand, must be applied for.

But others above are- your lawyer might know.

I will look at your past posts to see if there is anything there that could help us understand this.I get dozens of VA related emails a week, from various entities and had the impression that one of them indicated VA had made errors in separation payments of some veterans- I will see if I can find that  article- maybe it was from a VA lawyers site.

In this thread :

https://community.hadit.com/topic/76327-a-law-firm-contacted-me/page/3/

you mentioned how the law form contacted you- maybe they saw a potential CUE in the BVA decision to your detriment. Can you give us the BVA  Docket number?

Edited by Berta