VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pulmonary Embolism

Rate this question

Meme59

Question

On January 11, 2015 I had a pulmonary embolism. I was treated at the hospital.  I was released after a week in the hospital. I was placed on Warfarin for six months. In July of 2015 was cleared to stop the Warfarin and basically to resume my normal life.

Fast track to March 26, 2018 I had my second pulmonary embolism. Again I was in the hospital ICU for a week. Except that this time the blood clots were so massive that they did a procedure named balloon pulmonary angioplasty to dissolve the blot clots. After the week in the hospital I was released and prescribed Eliquis (an anticoagulant) for the rest of my life. I sure hope it will be  a long life.

I requested my C file to seek certain information in reference to my service connected injury to my left knee. In the paperwork, I came across the results of the knee fluid the doctor extracted back in 1983 in Germany. The results stated that there were some blood clots in the fluid. 

Does any one believe I might have a case if I file under code 6817 Pulmonary Vascular Diseases.

Thank you for reading my post and appreciate any responses.

Meme59

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Sure, but it realy does not matter what "I" think.  Its about what the doctor thinks.  

If a doctor has, or will, enter into your records, YOur "PE is at least as likely as not due to knee fluids from military service in 1983".  

If a doc says something similar, you are likely to get SC for your P/E, if not, you probably wont make that happen until/unless you get an IMO or similar statement from your doctor.