VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temazepam/resterol

Rate this topic

Anyone using this "medication?" I can't sleep a restful sleep so they diagnosed me with clinical depression. First it was klonopin, doxepin, hydroxezine, Trazodone (all seperate) with Zoloft. Now it's the Zoloft and Temazepam and I still don't get to sleep until 1AM then I thrash around while I sleep. Called the MD today and unstead of one Temazepam he said to take two. I have a history of liver failure due to medicine and this most recent medication is addictive. Does this sound normal to be put on so many meds by a shrink? He says this emdication is the last resort.....I don't believe him. There are other meds out there that might help but as one ages things change. I don't react to meds like I used to so it's a problem in that regard.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I took temazapam for sleep for a few years but I would get 20 and would have to pace them out over a month. I kike it I slept well when I took it.

I was given Temazepam for my insomnia. My Dr told me it was what we had to start out at and if it didnt work he would get me something stronger. It does not work for me at all. I was taking Ambien CR for the last year and a half and it had been working great. But now that Im getting meds through the VA Ive got to go through the med maze to try and get anything that works.

I was given Temazepam for my insomnia. My Dr told me it was what we had to start out at and if it didnt work he would get me something stronger. It does not work for me at all. I was taking Ambien CR for the last year and a half and it had been working great. But now that Im getting meds through the VA Ive got to go through the med maze to try and get anything that works.

Yeah, I took two at 930 last night and fell asleep at 1100 or so, and woke up groggy and here it is 1100 the next AM and I'm still sleepy. I have used Ambien CR in the past but I don't know if the VA will fill it on a regular basis since it's supposed to be a short-term medication-they will the Temazepam. Do you get yours and use your on a long-term basis? Thanks

Yeah, I took two at 930 last night and fell asleep at 1100 or so, and woke up groggy and here it is 1100 the next AM and I'm still sleepy. I have used Ambien CR in the past but I don't know if the VA will fill it on a regular basis since it's supposed to be a short-term medication-they will the Temazepam. Do you get yours and use your on a long-term basis? Thanks

I take temazepam and trazodone and still do not sleep more than 4 hours.