VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tetanus shot

Rate this topic

Hi,

Hope all is ok.

Is it SOP for the advice nurse to ask when your last tetanus shot was when you want to be checked out for a minor blister?  Seems odd but maybe it is just me.

Take good care.  🌻

My doctor regularly checks my last tetanus shot. I think the shot lasts for a few years.

I have a farm and used to raise livestock and one must be careful of rusted fences ,nails and stuff like that.

• HadIt.com Elder

HOLLLIE

I think Dr and nurses always ask that question  just from routine..the shot is goof for 10years  with a booster after 5 years.

it's totally your decision to let them give you this injection.....Ms Berta made a good point as to why one should keep up with these tetanus injections,   if you step on a rusted nail ,  taking this shot will more than likely save you from having to have your foot/leg amputated. 

I get them just to be cautious and I do not anticipate stepping on a rusted nail.

Hi Buck52,

You are right...they ask just from routine.  When the nurse asked me about it I went into "what are they gonna try to do to me now-ville" which is totally outrageous.

It is a good idea to get one, I think I may need a booster.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Thanks Buck52.

H