VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AMA/Higher-Level Review time frame

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

Yesterday was 125 days of my higher-level review being submitted. I know they say it's an estimate, but the average days complete and pending in Dez Moines are 73 and 66, so i'm confused what's taking so long. The past 2 months have been  A senior reviewer is taking a new look at your case. I originally submitted all needed paperwork per cfr 38 and all was favorable from both sides. Anyone have experience with this or why it is taking much longer? COvid seems hard to believe since they are working from home. I still receive the rest of my normal va operations as if they were open. Thanks. 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

FlyBoyLeRoy Bronc is spot on. Those numbers, even before the virus hit, were just ball park estimates for HLR claims in general. It really doesn't reflect what your specific case is going to do. On top of that, the virus has affected the VA in countless ways, so the new normal is going to be a lot longer than 125 days for a while as a general estimate. You could call Peggy and they can give you another est. completion date, but really, how accurate do you expect it to be. I currently have  HLR appeal going on, and they pushed my estimated completion out about 3 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath. Hang in there brother.

My HLR has been pending since March 27 and I'm still waiting on my informal conference call.  I also submitted new claims on April 30 and I'm still waiting on LHI to schedule my exams.  I assume that my HLR and new claims will be rated at the same time.  I had this happen to me in the past where I had requested a de novo review of some denied claims and I had added new claims.  The DRO who performed my de novo review also rated all of the new claims at the same time.  

On 7/19/2020 at 4:31 PM, GBArmy said:

FlyBoyLeRoy Bronc is spot on. Those numbers, even before the virus hit, were just ball park estimates for HLR claims in general. It really doesn't reflect what your specific case is going to do. On top of that, the virus has affected the VA in countless ways, so the new normal is going to be a lot longer than 125 days for a while as a general estimate. You could call Peggy and they can give you another est. completion date, but really, how accurate do you expect it to be. I currently have  HLR appeal going on, and they pushed my estimated completion out about 3 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath. Hang in there brother.

Thanks, i hear the word "Peggy" a lot. Is that ebenefits # or something?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes. Peggy is the general info line that you can call to try to get answers to claim (an other) questions. 1-800-927-1000. Suggest you call 10:-30-11:30 A.M. or, say 3:00-4:30 P.M. Calling  first thing in the morning or lunch time seem to be the busiest, so you can be on the wait line the longest during those times I have found.