VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES

Rate this question

Fat

Question

33 minutes ago, Fat said:

Has anyone had an C&P by Veteran Evaluation Services?

Good?

Bad?

I had exams through them maybe 5-6 years ago.  My experience was great as back then they used actual doctors instead of NPs.  The doctor I had was very veteran friendly.  Her entire office was set up just for C&P exams and I'm not sure if she even did private practice anymore.  

I don't think it really matters which contracting company you get.  It all depends on the examiner.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Deedub75. I've had multiple with both VES and LHI. People sometimes go With I had x, y, or z and they were great. Or they were terrible. But sometimes the evaluation of their performance is base too much on the results of their exam, that is recommended approved or disapproved, rather than the strength of the symptoms, conditions that were reviewed. If you don't have the symptoms that allow for a higher rating, that isn't the examiner's fault. Of course it is their fault if you are low-balled. Like anything involved with professional services, sometimes the person is good and then, sometimes not so much. It's hard to lump them all together and say this outfit is better than another. IMHO

1 minute ago, GBArmy said:

I agree with Deedub75. I've had multiple with both VES and LHI. People sometimes go With I had x, y, or z and they were great. Or they were terrible. But sometimes the evaluation of their performance is base too much on the results of their exam, that is recommended approved or disapproved, rather than the strength of the symptoms, conditions that were reviewed. If you don't have the symptoms that allow for a higher rating, that isn't the examiner's fault. Of course it is their fault if you are low-balled. Like anything involved with professional services, sometimes the person is good and then, sometimes not so much. It's hard to lump them all together and say this outfit is better than another. IMHO

I will say this - I'll take a contract exam over a VAMC exam any day!  The VES examiner basically overturned all of the denials during my de novo review from 5 years ago.  I was a VBA employee at the time of my de novo review and since I couldn't have exams done at the local VAMC, they gave me the choice of going to a VAMC further away or having exams done by a contractor.  I chose the contractor because the VAMC examiners seemed to be more adversarial in my case.  I know of plenty of others who've had great success with VAMC examiners but not in my case. 

It took a contractor at LHI to overturn years of denials for my knee and back claims because the VAMC examiner kept doubling and tripling down on incorrect assessments.  

Your mileage may vary. 

• HadIt.com Elder

JUST MY OPINION HERE

It depends on the luck of the draw about C&P EXAMS ON EITHER SIDE, WHAT TYPE OF EXAMINER YOU GET MAKES A WHOLE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

Your subject to get a bad examiner on either side VA or outside contractors.