VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva remand

Rate this question

trun10tion

Question

Good day fellow Veterans.  I live in Mi. My remand i found today was 

Sent back to V.A. reg June 2020. At this point im at 17 months

Waiting. Bva judge orignal state was v.a. detroit failed to give me tdiu from

2012 when my file and many c&ps show i qualified? So.judge remand was

Tdiu not moot and v.a. in 2018 granted me 100%  i have multiple disabilities.

My question is

1. I live in Mi. Why would bva send remand back a second time to salem, Mass. When my files and c&p's 

Were conducted in Mi.?

Edited by trun10tion

• HadIt.com Elder

My question is

1. I live in Mi. Why would bva send remand back a second time to salem, Mass. When my files and c&p's 

Were conducted in Mi.?

I would think your R.O. in MI is to busy so they send your claim to another R.0 that is not as busy &can work it faster  (jmo)

a lot of this slow stuff is due to covid-19

Unless your a homeless Veteran and need your claim expedited  its going to a lot more time.

There is now a "national work que".  The claim gets put in a big list, and the RO representative is supposed to pick the next claim "on the list".  Its supposed to be more efficient as it evens out the work load..since some VARO's had  more claimants than others.  Your claim can go anywhere. Its mostly a "luck of the draw".  Like other stuff in VA, it does not always work the way it is supposed to. 

Edited by broncovet

I do agree that due to the COVID-19 that it will take more time to process claims, appeals and remands but I wish veterans would stop blaming COVID-19. The National Work Queue and VA transferring veterans claims from one VARO to another VARO has been done for quite some time, at least several years or more before COVID-19.

Edited by pacmanx1

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

My question is

Were conducted in Mi.?

I would think your R.O. in MI is to busy so they send your claim to another R.0 that is not as busy &can work it faster  (jmo)

a lot of this slow stuff is due to covid-19

Unless your a homeless Veteran and need your claim expedited  its going to a lot more time.

Heres my thing i had to call to find out bva kick it back to va.

1. I.got no ssoc

2. No phone call

3.and it wasnt second remand

It was just sent back for what ever reason.

My thoughts were once va did their remand part that bva makes decision then send back to va for processing.

I just wonder why i didnt get ssoc and had to call to find that is was kick back.

Not sure what is going on with your claim but BVA did split my claim into two remands with different remand letters for the exact same contentions and I am waiting on my VARO award letter. I didn't get a SSOC instead I got a new BVA Remand letter. It has been well over a year since my original BVA grant and remand and no news. I did an IRIS Request to have a supervisor call me and was informed that my claim is at finance but still no real news of what is actually going on.  Keep us informed. You can try to do an IRIS Request to have them email you, your status. I hate phone calls because people can say anything to get you off the phone  and I forget what they do say. It is almost time to send a new IRIS Request for me.

Edited by pacmanx1