VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ASK VA your questions, TODAY

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

VA has a special where we can ask questions TODAY, at 3:00 to "people that matter?"  Someone should ask why we can not ask them questions EVERY day, why today only? (This is a big problem with VA..the 800 number often does not give specific answers).  We should have people in VA who "solve Vets problems" like Allison Hickey did a few years ago. 

You can ask questions to the following people:

JOIN US

VA Welcome Kit  

Find a VA Facility near you.

FACILITY LOCATOR

Not sure where to start?

Print out your VA Welcome Kit

VA WELCOME KIT

yellow-line_original.jpg
health carecareers and employmentlife insurance
disabilitypensionburials and memorials
education and traininghousing assistancerecords

Keep updated and let us know how we're doing.

You have received this message because you are subscribed to Veterans Affairs. Access your Subscriber Preferences to make changes to your subscription or Unsubscribe. Get this as a forward? Sign Up to receive updates from Veterans Affairs. Having questions or problems? Please visit subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com for assistance.

If you are in crisis and need immediate help, please call 1-800-273-8255 and (PRESS 1) or visit http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/.

Please remember the only secure way to ask personal questions is at https://iris.custhelp.com

Choose VA

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 06-35-17.png

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah

I wish they would give us a good reason as to why we can't view the VBMS? WHEN ITS OUR MEDICAL RECORDS WE BE LOOKING AT.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Buck52 I agree! We should have access to VBMS and all scanned documentation.

It stinks when they give you a one year appeal window, so you request your claims folder so you can make an educated response. If it takes more than a year to receive the folder, you're just out of luck.

Why can't VA eliminate the Call Centers and The Evidence Intake Centers?  There is a VA regional Office in every state or just about every state. Years ago when a veteran called the 1-800 number, it would connect the veteran to his/her own VA Regional Office . The Call Centers and The Evidence Intake Centers only complicated things. So why can't VA revert back to the old way system where a veteran could call the 1 800 number and get his/her local VA Regional Office where they could give a more accurate response?

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone call this # yesterday? if so what was the results?

I was going to call but had to take wife to Dr at 2:30pm

Was just curious if any of you guys called in?

On 7/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, pacmanx1 said:

Why can't VA eliminate the Call Centers and The Evidence Intake Centers?  There is a VA regional Office in every state or just about every state. Years ago when a veteran called the 1-800 number, it would connect the veteran to his/her own VA Regional Office . The Call Centers and The Evidence Intake Centers only complicated things. So why can't VA revert back to the old way system where a veteran could call the 1 800 number and get his/her local VA Regional Office where they could give a more accurate response?

Before they centralized the call centers and evidence intake centers, some VARO's did their job more effectively or handled different workloads than others.

I can say that since the change, I noticed I no longer have to wait on hold for an hour to talk to someone. After talking to a number of VA employees since the changes occurred, call centers were not officially consolidated to a single facility. Employees at each VARO log into a central call system and answer the next caller in queue.

Unless they change their internal rules and regulations, I don't think that we will be able to get more quality information from each call. I had a WH VA Hotline complaint about a claim that was jacked up by the VA. The request was sent to my VARO, but the mistake was actually made by the VARO in New Orleans.

6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Anyone call this # yesterday? if so what was the results?

I was going to call but had to take wife to Dr at 2:30pm

Was just curious if any of you guys called in?

I believe the event was hosted online via rally point. I wanted join, but got stuck working.

https://www.rallypoint.com/answers/vetxl-families-together-q-a-with-va-and-community-partners-to-provide-information-and-responses-from-experts-on-veteran-family-resources

As of now, there were 373 post responses in their topic.