VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Won...NOW WHAT?

Rate this question

Ztmiller8

Question

Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!

• HadIt.com Elder
On 7/28/2020 at 2:38 PM, Ztmiller8 said:

Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!

My suggestion is that you call 800 827 1000 and insure the BVA decision under your file number is  your name.  When I received my 2017 decision and waited 6 months for payment with nothing happening.  Checked the problem and found a negative decision a month earlier with my first name but a different last name had been entered under my file number.  Took another 2 months to correct that and get my 9 years of back pay.

My April Executive Director, Compensation Services / DROC decision took from April to August because it was over $250,000.00 in back pay back 2009 to 1985.  There were a half a dozen calculations submitted before one was finally approved.  The printed back pay schedules only go back to 1994.

• Community Owner

Congratulations.

I would check the web site and see if you have the bank account on file that you want your money to go to. If you do that the money should appear there about the time you get your letter. 

On 8/16/2020 at 6:31 PM, MikeR said:

I get free license plates. LOL

LUCKY!! virginia still charges you 10 bucks just to put Disabled Vet on it...really?!?!?!?! ill spend my money on CIB plates thanks

1 hour ago, blahsaysme2u said:

LUCKY!! virginia still charges you 10 bucks just to put Disabled Vet on it...really?!?!?!?! ill spend my money on CIB plates thanks

Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Plate Exempt from Registration and Special Plate Fees:

A veteran is eligible to receive one set of Disabled Veteran special plates for free if that veteran (1) has lost, or lost the use of, a leg, arm, or hand; (2) is blind; or (3) is permanently and totally disabled as certified by the VA.

Edited by pacmanx1

17 minutes ago, blahsaysme2u said:

still costs 10 bucks a year...only saves 28...so really saving 18 bucks

Plate Exempt from Registration and Special Plate Fees:

A veteran is eligible to receive one set of Disabled Veteran special plates for free if that veteran (1) has lost, or lost the use of, a leg, arm, or hand; (2) is blind; or (3) is permanently and totally disabled as certified by the VA. Un-remarried surviving spouses of these veterans may also receive one free set of Disabled Veteran special plates. Any personalization fees and, if applicable, emissions fees must still be paid.

A veteran is eligible to receive one set of Disabled Veteran special plates for free if that veteran is permanently and totally disabled as certified by the VA.

So if you live in the state of Virginia, you can get one set of Disabled Veteran Special Plates for free and if they tell you that you have to pay $10.00 ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. All you need is to print a VA letter showing that you are rated 100% Permanent and Total disabled.

Not sure if someone is telling you, you have to pay $10.00, not that, that is a lot but Free means Free, Free, Free, Free, Free ,Free. This is from the same web site we posted.