VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher-Level Review Timeline

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

Hi, 130 days for Higher-level review currently, but my VSO had the HLR informal conference talk with the higher level reviewer on 7/24/20. Anyone have knowledge of the typical timeline after the HLR is conducted? VSO said " We did have a two way conversation; but you know the deal; she sounded very positive about service connection but could not come right out and say it!", so i'm hoping the outcome is as good as he made it sound! Thanks. 

• HadIt.com Elder

deedub75 wow! Sounds like "winner, winner, chicken dinner." Of course, depending on how much the back pay is is going to impact the signature process. Follow up with an IRIS request after your letter to get an estimated timeline for you. Don't know how that will be for you, but the IRIS procedure seems to be working again.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@deedub75 that is very promising! From the time you sent in your HLR, how long did it take for them to call you? I am curious because I have an HLR that has been sitting idle since April of this year.

4 minutes ago, Vync said:

@deedub75 that is very promising! From the time you sent in your HLR, how long did it take for them to call you? I am curious because I have an HLR that has been sitting idle since April of this year.

I submitted my HLR on March 27, 2020 and I received my call yesterday.  So it was about 4.5 months.  I'm still skeptical until I see it in writing.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Just now, deedub75 said:

I submitted my HLR on March 27, 2020 and I received my call yesterday.  So it was about 4.5 months.  I'm still skeptical until I see it in writing.  

That makes sense. When I called yesterday, they said I was almost to the 125 day estimate. With the VA making repeated mistakes on supplemental claims (at least in my case), I assumed that the HLR queue would be growing, much like the appeals used to prior to the AMA changes.

• HadIt.com Elder

I've got one since early April. Peggy said est. time would be Aug.30, which runs about 140 days. Certainly every one is different, but their target was 125 and that is what they had advertise on va.gov for at least a month before they took the standard target down.